The 8ft light tubes are ideal for classrooms, supermarkets, kitchen, offices, and parking garage.
VST manufactures and supplies 8ft LED tube lights in large quantities. You’ll get the best out of the LED bulbs fitted in each of 8ft LED light tubes. You see, with the 8 foot LED tube light, fluorescent tube light of the same size can be replaced. For example, a 40W t8 8ft LED bulb will replace a 110W fluorescent bulb. The 8ft light tubes are ideal for classrooms, supermarkets, kitchens, offices, and parking garage. Our 8ft t8 LED offers you an advantage as a wholesaler or contractor. You’ll offer top-quality lighting to customers and clients as applicable. The 8ft LED fluorescent tube replacement lights up an indoor area better. It also renders a brighter light than mercury-powered fluorescent and reflects accurate color.
VST: The Top-Rated LED And Best 8ft LED tubes, t12 Manufacturer
You see, VST 8 foot LED tube requires low maintenance yet highly efficient. That’s not all, you get a higher lumen capacity for each 8 foot t8 LED bulbs purchased. Each of the 2400mm fluorescent tube replacement light lasts up to 10 years of constant use. It has over 50,000 hours of runtime and a good color rendering Index. As you purchase the t8 LED tube light 8ft variety, be assured of no UV radiation and no flickering. 8ft integrated LED tube light is easy to install and compatible with a series of fluorescent fixtures. This LED replacement for the 8-foot fluorescent tubes I’m describing to you is UL listed. And likewise has CE & RoHS certification, signifying safe usage without negative environmental and health impact. The 8 foot LED replacement tubes electronic parts are also recyclable as well.
VST’s over 10 years of experience in manufacturing LED lighting makes the 8-foot fluorescent tube LED replacement lighting excellent. Conventional light tubes are replaceable using 8ft LED replacement tubes. Contact us today to learn more about our production and delivery system.
|T8 LED Tube Light Model Options|
|Watt||4w||7w||10w||14w||18w||22w / 25w||30w||40w|
|Lumen Efficiency||100lm/w, 120lm/w, 140lm/w, 150lm/w, 160lm/w, 180lm/w for options|
|Conventional lamp equivalent||8W
|Working Voltage||AC85~265V, AC100~277V / 347V, AC200~240V, DC12V, DC24V; 50/60Hz|
|Color Temperature||3000~3500K, 4000~4500K, 5000~5500K, 6000~6500K, Pink, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple|
|Materials||Aluminium alloy housing + PC cover|
|PC cover options||Milky/Strip/Transparent|
|End cap||G13 rotary option, T8-G5, R17D/Fa6/Fa8 single pin|
|Working Temperature||-20℃ ~ +45℃|
|IP Grade||IP20 / IP65 / IP67|
|Warranty||3 years / 5 years|
|T6 T5 LED Tube Light Model Options|
|Watt||10w||14w||18w / 22w||24w / 30w|
|Lumen Efficiency||120lm/w, 140lm/w, 150lm/w for options|
|Working Voltage||AC85~265V, AC100~277V / 347V, AC200~240V, DC12V, DC24V; 50/60Hz|
|Color Temperature||3000~3500K, 4000~4500K, 5000~5500K, 6000~6500K, Pink, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple|
|LED Chip||Epistar SMD2835|
|Materials||Aluminium alloy housing + PC cover|
|PC cover options||Milky/Transparent|
|Working Temperature||-20℃ ~ +45℃|
|Warranty||3 years / 5 years|
|Package||Foam + Carton
40ft HQ :24480pcs
|Foam + Carton
40ft HQ :17280pcs
|Foam + Carton
40ft HQ :10512pcs
|Foam + Carton
40ft HQ :10512pcs
Mr. Freddy Decaigny from Belgium:
Knowing as friends since 2010, we are always working together. Just like what he says in the video, “from 60,000pcs I only had a few breakdown which were directly, immediately replaced”. There are still tens of spare drivers we sent to him in case of breakdown in their warehouse because they don’t need them at all.
Mr. Jamie Sharpe from Ireland:
We know each other in late 2013, right after testing for 4pcs samples, a 800pcs order is placed and the collaboration keeps going well. We do a big project together but due to the agreement, we can’t say more details here.
Mrs. Paola Patrucco from Italy:
Their company is an electrical contractor, doing many projects. We started to work together since 2013. Continuous purchasing LED products from us like 2G11 and T8 LED Tube. Now trying our LED Flood Light and Street Light, believe to expand cooperation soon.
VST: The Industry Leading Supplier of High Output 8ft LED Tube
VST manufactures and supplies LED replacement 8ft LED tube lights across borders. It means you can make a bulk purchase from anywhere and have them delivered. Our delivery system is flexible and accurate. We deliver exact orders and fast. You get to enjoy a 3-5 years warranty on 8 foot LED t8 bulk purchase. The 2400mm LED tube conforms with carbon reduction plans and other environmental protection guidelines for the use of lighting. I must add that with 8ft LED tube lights there is no need for replacement for many years of use. According to a review, in residential spaces, it lasts up to two decades. Compared to a little above 5 years for fluorescent tubes.
At VST, we input experience and talent to produce state-of-the-art lighting. Visit our online store to purchase 8ft LED fluorescent tube replacement lights in any desired quantity.
Some Custom Made LED Tube Lights
8ft LED Tube lights – The Complete FAQ Guide
Are you looking to replace your old fluorescent lamps with the best and most suitable 8ft LED Tube Lights?
Or, have you just concluded, with your client, to go for 8ft light tubes and would love to gather all the info you need before going ahead to purchase?
Well, welcome! You’ve not wandered away from home.
In this FAQ guide will you find most, if not all, of the answers you seek about 8 Foot Led T8 Tube Lights.
We understand how difficult it must have been for you to walk through the desolate internet street in search of definitive answers to the myriad of questions you have about 2400mm LED Tube lights.
This is why we’ve dedicated a lot of research time to find answers to the commonest questions people have asked about these lighting types.
Following each of the questions below are answers to the common questions we were able to gather. We hope you’ll find yours today. But, if you don’t, do let us know and we’d be more than happy to provide you with sufficient answers.
- What Are 8ft LED Tube Lights?
- What Are The Typical Components Of 8ft LED Light Tubes?
- Where Are 8 Foot LED Tube Lights Best Used?
- Why Are T8 8ft LED Bulbs A Better Replacement To Fluorescent Tubes?
- Can You Use 8ft Light Tubes With Fluorescent Chokes?
- Are Starters A Necessity In Led 8 Foot LED Tube Lights?
- Do All 8ft LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements Need Ballast Bypass?
- What Kind Of Ballast Do I Need To Convert From T12 To T8 8ft LED Bulbs?
- Can I Use a Dimmable 8ft T8 LED With a Regular (Non-Dimmable) Light Switch?
- Are T8 And T12 Fluorescent Bulbs Interchangeable?
- Can T8 LED Tube Light 8ft Be Used Outdoors?
- Can I Find An 8ft LED Tube Light That’s Rated IP65+?
- What Are The Most Fascinating 8ft Integrated LED Tube Lights Controls?
- How Bright Should T8 LED Tube Light 8ft Be?
- How To Determine The Most Appropriate CRI For 8ft LED Replacement Tubes
- What Are The Different Colors T8 8ft LED Bulbs Come In?
- What Are The Average Lighting Specifications For T8 8ft LED Bulbs?
- How Can I Determine The Best 8ft LED Tube Lights To Use In My Space?
- Do 8ft T8 LED Lamps Flicker Like Fluorescent Tubes?
- How Much Do 8ft Led Tube Lights Cost Generally?
- Are T8 8ft LED Bulbs Suitable For Growing Plants?
- How is a T8 LED Tube Light 8ft different from a T5?
- Can You Get Customized 8 Foot LED Tube Lights From A Manufacturer?
- How Do 8 Foot Led T8 Tube Lights Work?
- How Long Should You Expect 8ft Led Tube Lights To Last?
- How Do I Know If My Current Fluorescent Fixtures Are Compatible With My New 8 Foot LED T8?
- How To Install 8ft Led Tube Lights?
- How High Or Low Should My 8ft LED Replacement Tubes Be?
- What Are The Spacing Requirements For LED 8ft LED Replacement Tubes?
- How To Determine If Your High Output 8ft LED Tube is Shunted Or Non-shunted Tombstone Configured?
- How To Choose The Best 8 Foot T8 LED Bulbs Diffuser?
- How Can You Repair Your 8ft LED Tube Lights?
- What You Should Look Out For When Purchasing 8ft LED Tube Lights?
- What Are The Usage Precautions I Should Consider For 8ft Led Tube Lights?
- How To Properly Maintain My 8 Foot Fluorescent Tube LED Replacement?
- How Do I Know An 8 Foot Led Tube Light Is Genuine If I Buy From China?
- What Are The Testing Procedures For 8ft Light Tubes Before Shipments?
- What Certificates Do I Need To Ship In LED 8ft Tube Lights?
- What Are The Other Shipment Requirements For 8 Foot LED Tubes?
- Where Can I Find The Best 2400mm LED Tube Manufacturers In China?
Now, let’s get down to business!
1. What Are 8ft LED Tube Lights?
These are 2400 fluorescent tubes LED replicas.
They’re essentially LED tubes designed to replace your old fluorescent lighting types.
This means that, like 2400mm fluorescent tubes, 8ft LED tube lights are linear.
Likewise, at their edges (as you’d find in fluorescent lamps) are bi-pin bases to hold the lamps to their fixtures.
However, unlike their traditional variant, 8ft LED tube lights do not contain toxic materials like argon and mercury vapor that can be hazardous to our environment.
They’re, instead, made with more environmentally safe materials.
2. What Are The Typical Components Of 8ft LED Light Tubes?
As we mentioned previously, T8 8ft LED Bulbs are just like fluorescent lamps.
However, they also have their unique features.
Below are the typical components of 8ft LED Light tubes to give you a better understanding of how they truly work:
- Lamp Holders
These are the two bi-pin at both ends of 8ft T8 LED lamps.
Just as you’d find them fluorescent lamps…
These lamp holders are designed to perform to important functions:
conduct current into the lighting sources; and
very importantly, hold the lamp sources in place.
These components, in 8ft LED light tubes perform similar functions as ballast in fluorescent lamps.
They convert the electricity they absorb into energy that the 8ft light tubes then convert into lighting to illuminate your space.
This takes a lot of technical understanding which we’ll get into later.
But, what you should know, is that drivers are essentially the power sources of most 8 foot LED tube lights.
- Polycarbonate Coverings
These, as you might have guessed from their name, cover most of the internal parts of the T8 LED tube light 8ft from external elements that could damage them.
They also assist with the dispersion of lighting from the light sources themselves.
- Insulating Sleeves
This component of 8ft LED tube lights protects the lighting system’s connectors and all other wired parts too.
They serve as heat regulators for the 8ft T8 LED lighting systems as well.
This is the part where the light is ignited.
- Aluminum PCBs
This helps in heat dissipation and regulation.
3. How Do 8 Foot Led T8 Tube Lights Work?
The operation of 8 foot LED T8 tube lights is nothing like a fluorescent lamp.
2400mm LED tubes, unlike fluorescents, work with LED drivers.
They do not need a surge of electricity to start. It’s this driver that transfers and translates energy to the illumination that comes from the lighting sources.
4. Where Are 8 Foot LED Tube Lights Best Used?
Even though 8 foot LED tubes are meant as replacements for fluorescent lamps, they can be used virtually everywhere.
In religious spaces, schools, theatres, restaurants, supermarkets, etc.
5. Why Are T8 8ft LED Bulbs A Better Replacement To Fluorescent Tubes?
There are a lot of reasons T8 8ft LED Bulbs are a better replacement for fluorescent lamps.
However, we’ll only be going over a few of them so you can have a clear understanding of why you should go for LED lights in your space.
These reasons include:
- Energy Efficiency
Why not use a lighting source that consumes less energy when you have the chance??
Well, that’s one wide difference between LED and Fluorescent lamps.
For example, T8 8ft LED Bulbs consume about 70% less energy than your old fluorescent lighting sources.
As such, you get to save quite a lot of money on electricity bills.
- Versatile Application
8ft T8 bulbs are highly functional.
This is why they can be used in virtually any kind of space.
Like fluorescents, 8 foot LED tube lights can be used in residential, commercial, and industrial spaces and they would last you a long time before they eventually wear out.
- Improved Lighting
One thing you must know about T8 8ft LED bulbs is that they offer better and more stable lighting than their traditional counterparts.
8ft T8 LEDs came as an improvement on fluorescent lighting and other traditional lighting options.
So, it’s only natural they’d be a lot better than these lighting options.
With 8 foot LED T8, you can rest assured you’ll have a more stable lighting supply.
No flickering or inconsistent intensity as it is with fluorescent lamps.
- Sturdy Build
Since 8ft T8 LED tubes are an improvement on fluorescent lighting technologies, they typically have a stronger and sturdier build.
Most fluorescent lamps are made of glass and prone to shattering.
Your 8 foot led replacement tubes, on the other hand, are made with plastic and/ polycarbonate.
So, shattering is eliminated, and the chances they’d damage when they fall is extremely low.
- Lengthier Lifespan
T8 LED Tube Light 8ft lamps beat fluorescent lamps hands down when it comes to having a lengthier lifespan.
8ft led light tubes, generally, last up to 50,000 hours as compared to fluorescent lamps that last only about 15,000–25,ooo hours before they pack up.
That’s even if they do not fall and shatter right before their average lifespan.
6. Can You Use 8ft Light Tubes With Fluorescent Chokes?
No and Yes. It depends.
No, on one hand, because the typical operations of fluorescent and LED chokes are completely different.
Fluorescent lamps need a current regulator that’s where chokes come to the fore.
They primarily function as current flow regulators for fluorescent tubes.
Chokes also ensure the high-voltage pulse needed for the fluorescent tubes to start up is created quickly and smoothly.
Yes, on the other hand, because there are universal fluorescent chokes.
This means they can work with both fluorescent and 8ft LED Tube Light fixtures.
7. Are Starters A Necessity In 8 Foot LED Tube Lights?
No. Although some 8 foot LED tube lights are built with this choke compatibility.
Generally, 8ft LED fluorescent tubes do not need starters or a surge of energy to create that illumination that lights up your space.
They rely on drivers for this function and this component does quite a good job doing this.
What the starters do in 8 foot LED tube lights, as against what they typically do in fluorescent lamps, is ensure the smooth conduction of energy from one end right through to the other end of your 8ft light tubes.
So, whenever you’re getting a new 8ft T8 LED and would like to use it with a starter, make sure it’s compatible with both your 8ft LED tube light sources and also your existing fixtures.
8. Do All 8ft LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements Need Ballast Bypass?
No, not all 8ft LED fluorescent tube replacements require ballasts bypass.
You can also use ballasts with T8 8ft LED bulbs, even though they have drivers to do the same job.
So, you don’t have to trouble yourself about removing your old lighting fixtures ballast to install your new 8ft LED tube lights.
All you just have to do is confirm if the existing ballast you have is compatible with your LED and you can go ahead to install your new 8ft LED light tubes.
You would have to install a new 8ft T8 LED compatible ballast if you find out the one you have in your exit fluorescent lamp fixtures cannot work with your new lighting source.
If you’re not sure, replace the ballast completely with an LED-compatible one to avoid damage (after taking a lot of time to install your 8ft T8 LED lighting sources.
9. Can I Use a Dimmable 8ft T8 LED With a Regular (Non-Dimmable) Light Switch?
No, you cannot.
It’s best not to use a dimmable 8ft T8 LED with a non-dimmable light switch.
This is because the light’s dimmer will only be able to work at 100%.
When you try to dim the 8ft T8 LED, it might cause the lighting source to flicker and buzz. When this flicker or buzz continues, your 8ft T8 LED tube light might get damaged.
So, if you must use a dimmable 8ft T8 LED, it’s best to always keep the lighting source’s dimmer at its highest to avoid any issues.
10. Are T8 8ft LED And T12 Fluorescent Bulbs Interchangeable?
Even though 8ft T8 bulbs and T12 fluorescent bulbs are not of the same diameter (while 8ft T8 LED tube lights are just 1 inch, T12 are 1.5 diameters) they can still be used interchangeably.
However, most T12 fluorescent bulbs can only work on magnetic ballasts, while most of the T8 8ft bulbs work on electronic ballasts.
So if you’d like to use your T12 fixtures for your new 8ft LED light tubes, you might have to change the ballast to an electronic one or a universally compatible magnetic ballast.
11. What Kind Of Ballast Do I Need To Convert From T12 To T8 8ft LED Bulbs?
Most of the fluorescent lamp fixtures run on magnetic ballast.
So, you’d need a universal ballast or LED compatible ballast to convert your T12 to T8 8ft LED bulbs.
12. Can T8 LED Tube Light 8ft Be Used Outdoors?
Most T8 LED tube light 8fts cannot be used outdoors.
But, you should be able to find T8 8ft LED bulbs that are designed by 8ft LED tube light manufacturers for outdoor use.
13. Can I Find An 8ft LED Tube Light That’s Rated IP65+?
Yes, you’d be able to find 8 foot LED T8 bulbs with IP ratings of up to 65+ if you’re looking for an LED replacement for 8 foot fluorescent tubes you have outdoors.
14. What Are The Most Fascinating 8ft Integrated LED Tube Lights Controls?
To make usage a lot easier, 8ft LED tube light manufacturers integrate different control systems and features into their T8 8ft LED lighting systems.
Among these amazing 8ft integrated LED tube light controls are the following:
- Wireless Control
This 8ft integrated LED tube lights control system allows you to dim and turn on/off your lighting sources using a WiFi connection.
Too lazy to stand up?
Don’t worry. This feature got you covered!
With just a few taps on a connected device, you can easily control your lighting sources without having to stand or move about.
- Dimmer Control
Not all fluorescent lighting systems are dimmer–equipped.
The only a few ones you’ll find in the market now are way too expensive.
But with a larger percentage of 8ft LED light tubes, you have a dimmer control system that allows you to easily reduce and increase the intensity of your lighting sources as you please.
- Motion & Occupancy Sensor
Some T8 LED tube light 8ft also come with occupancy sensors that come up immediately they detect movements or the presence of people in a space.
Motion sensors, for example, can be used where you need to tighten up the security in your building.
As such, whenever you have unverified intrusions into your spaces, the lighting sources immediately Indicate to anyone watching that something is not right.
Occupancy sensors, on another hand, ignite your lighting sources whenever they detect occupancy or the people’s presence.
They’re best used in places like restrooms, lobbies, and corridors where you rarely need light.
And this way, you save up a considerable amount of energy.
- Bluetooth Mesh Lighting Control
Another smart lighting control you’d enjoy in 8 foot t8 led bulbs, is the relatively recent Bluetooth mesh lighting control that’s making waves in the lighting industry today.
This control system allows you to sync the operation of all your 8ft fluorescent tubes LED lighting systems so you control them all at once, by network, with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- DALI Control
Quite similar to the Bluetooth mesh lighting control feature is the DALI control feature.
Digital Addressable Lighting Interface, according to buildings.com, “.is a two-way communication system that brings digital technology to lighting, DALI defines the commands that LED drivers and ballasts need to recognize.”
Let me break this down for you…
DALI is essentially an 8ft integrated led tube light control that allows components of your lighting systems, like ballasts and drivers, to communicate seamlessly.
It adopts a low voltage “give-and-take” communication infrastructure that makes it possible for messages to be transferred between your 8ft fluorescent tube-led lighting fixtures.
15. How Bright Should T8 LED Tube Light 8ft Be?
As bright as you’d need them to be.
However, when choosing the amount of lumens to buy, consider the size of your space as well as the kind of activity done in the space.
For 8ft LED light tubes in offices and supermarkets, for example, you need a considerably higher lighting intensity.
However, in residential spaces, you might not need much.
You want to consider the specific spaces you have in your building as well.
Restrooms and corridors don’t need as much lumens as main office spaces or lecture rooms would.
So, before you decide on the lumens to buy, make sure you, before anything else, measure your space.
This result of your measurements is what determines the next line of action.
16. How To Determine The Most Appropriate CRI For 8ft LED Replacement Tubes
CRI or color rendering index, in lighting, determines the degree to which objects under your 8ft LED replacement tubes are accurately presented.
The measurement for this is between 0–100, with the highest representing how more accurately an object has been represented in a space.
Lower CRI values, on the other hand, represent how less accurately the colors of objects under your 8ft LED light tubes are presented.
It’s the color perception under your 8ft light tubes.
17. What Are The Different Colors T8 8ft LED Bulbs Come In?
Colors, here, refer to correlated color temperature i.e., how these lighting sources appear.
You should get your lighting source in the following temperatures and they’re all measured in Kelvin (K):
- 2700k – soft white
- 4000k – neutral white
- 5000k – cool white
- 6000k – super bright white
18. What Are The Average Lighting Specifications For T8 8ft LED Bulbs?
Below are the typical specifications of 8ft LED light tubes:
- Input Voltage: 100–305VAC
- Wattage: 40–250 watt
- Lumen: 5,000–9,000lm
- CRI: 80+
- CCT: 5000k
- Lifespan: 50,000 hours
- Viewing Angle: 120°
- Color Temperature: 3000K–6,500K
- Dimmable driver : 0–10v
19. How Can I Determine The Best 8ft LED Tube Lights To Use In My Space?
There are a lot of factors to consider when you’re buying 8ft LED light tubes to use in your space.
Among these are:
- Space size;
The size of your space goes a long way to determine the amount of lumens you need and, by extension, the type of lighting you get.
So to know, measure your space by square meters.
Once you have your measurement, other things would be a lot easier to determine.
- Space kind;
What kind of space are you going to be fitting the 8 foot led tube lights you purchase?
You know that when going for 8 foot led tube lights needed for industrial space, you need to go for stronger and more durable lighting types.
You’d also have to consider higher lumens and CRI values to be able to make the best choice at the end of the day.
You should also try to consider and assess the materials used in manufacturing your t8 8ft led bulbs.
Are these materials durable? Will they stand the test of time?
- Existing lighting design and fixtures;
Don’t set aside the existing lighting design you have in your space.
Especially when you’re going to be retrofitting.
So, look at your old fixtures and design, confirm the specifications and it’d be easier for you to choose the most perfect led replacement for 8 foot fluorescent tubes.
20. Do 8ft T8 LED Lamps Flicker Like Fluorescent Tubes?
No, they do not.
Fluorescent lamps usually flicker when their ballasts are faulty or when they’re nearing their end.
However, with 8ft led light tubes that use drivers, you do not experience this.
The only way your 8ft T8 LED would flicker is if you’re using incompatible fixtures and lighting sources.
For example, dimmable 8ft led light tubes in non-dimmable 8ft t8 LED fixtures.
21. How Much Do 8ft Led Tube Lights Cost Generally?
8ft LED tube lights could cost you between $20–$80.
It could be more, depending on the specifications of the 8ft led light tubes you decide to go for.
22. Are T8 8ft LED Bulbs Suitable For Growing Plants?
No, except they’re specifically engineered grow lights.
Regular 8ft led light tubes do not contain enough PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) which the plants need for photosynthesis and growth.
Using them on your plants could cause your plants to die or not grow well.
23. How is a T8 LED Tube Light 8ft Different From A T5?
In lighting, T unusually denotes the shape of a lighting source, while the number following ( which could be 5, 8, or 12) represents the diameter.
So, the main difference between T5 and T8 LED light tubes is that they have different diameters.
T8 LED light tube lamps are about 60% larger than T5s.
While T5 bulbs are five-eighths of an inch, T8 bulbs on the other hand are (eight-eighths inch in diameter which equals 1″).
24. Can You Get Customized 8 Foot LED Tube Lights From A Manufacturer?
All you have to do is get in touch with a manufacturer, tell them what you want and they make the customization for you.
It might cost you extra money, but you’ll realize that it’s worth it when you eventually get to install your 8ft LED tube lights in your space.
25. How Long Should You Expect 8ft LED Tube Lights To Last?
8ft LED tube lights can last up to 50,000 hours if used properly and according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Let’s say you use them in your office for about 8–9 hours daily, you could get up to 15–17 years of usage before you can even begin to think of replacing your 8 foot led tube lights.
26. How Do I Know If My Current Fluorescent Fixtures Are Compatible With My New 8 Foot LED T8?
To know if your new 8ft fluorescent tubes led lighting sources are compatible with your fluorescent fixtures, you need to confirm the configuration of your existing lighting systems.
To do this, you’d have to:
- Measure the pin size of your current fluorescent fixtures to see if they are a great fit for your led replacements for 8 foot fluorescent tubes.
- Confirm the ballast type in your existing fixtures. This allows you to determine if it’s still usable, if you’d need to buy another or if you’d prefer a ballast bypass entirely.
- You’d need to also confirm the following specifications;
- Dimmability of your existing fixtures;
- Power capacity (in terms of voltage and watt; and
- Control features that the existing fixtures allow.
27. How To Install 8ft Led Tube Lights?
Installing your 8ft LED tube lights is not as difficult as it may seem.
All you have to do is to switch off your power source and the rest you have to do is easy.
To install your 8ft LED light tubes, you can do the following:
If you’re using ballasts:
- Uninstall your existing fluorescent light sources if you still have them fitted;
- Disassemble some parts of the existing fixtures to confirm its ballast type;
- Replace the ballast with a compatible alternative (if you have to);
- Reassemble your 8ft LED lighting fixtures;
- Fit in your new 8ft LED light tubes;
- Wire to your power source and power on afterward;
If you’re using without ballast:
You can also bypass the ballast or remove it entirely as well, depends on the type;
- First, turn off your power supply;
- Some fluorescent fixtures have their ballasts in the internal parts. So, you might have to disassemble the lighting fixtures;
- Once you locate the ballast, cut the live & neutral wires close to the ballast;
Make sure you have enough for reconnection;
Simply put, the “live/hot wire” is the wire that connects the ballast directly to the power source, while the neutral wire connects the circuit with the electrical panel;
- Cut the wires that lead to the lighting fixture socket;
- Unscrew and remove the ballast;
- Now connect the input and output wires live wire to live wire and neutral to neutral;
- Make sure this is the case as the wrong connection can cause serious power breakdown;
- Reassemble your fixture, wire the lamp to your power source;
- Install your 8ft LED light tubes;
- Restore your power supply;
And you’re done!
That simple? Yes, it is.
28. How High Or Low Should My 8ft LED Replacement Tubes Be?
This depends on the size of your space, the height of your space as well as the amount of lumens your 8ft LED light tubes have.
The higher the lumens the higher you might want to install your lighting sources.
You might also want to consider the kind of lighting ambiance you’re looking to create to ensure you have sufficient lighting in your space.
29. What Are The Spacing Requirements For LED 8ft LED Replacement Tubes?
The following factors will determine the spacing requirements for your LED replacement tubes;
- Space size
- Space height
- Space design & plan
- What your space is for
- Areas that’d need more lighting focus.
30. How To Determine If Your High Output 8ft LED Tube is Shunted Or Non-shunted Tombstone Configured?
This is the part of your 2400mm fluorescent tubes that are fitted on the fluorescent fixtures.
Their role is to;
- Serve your lighting sources with current
- provide mechanical support for your 8ft LED tube light
And, there are 2 types:
These tombstones serve as electrical contacts that connect your 8ft LED light tubes to the power supply in the fixture.
Connecting them are pins on both ends of 8ft T8 LED tube lights and they can be either one of these situations;
- 2, with one connecting to one live electricity source and the other to a neutral;
- 1; with both connecting to the neutral and live power sources;
- 1; with both connect-able to either of the sources.
2 is what is referred to as “shunted,” while the second, “non-shunted.”
This means that if you have the circuits connecting your light source, your 8ft LED light fixtures have shunted tombstones.
If they’re however connected to separate sources, your 8ft T8 LED fixtures are non-shunted.
31. How To Choose The Best 8 Foot T8 LED Bulbs Diffuser?
8 foot T8 LED bulbs diffuser is a very important part of your lighting systems.
This is because they help with the even distribution of light from your 8ft LED tube lights.
Diffusers also help in reducing glares and scattering light your 8ft LED light tubes produce through to every part of your space.
These diffusers are of different types:
- 3D three-sided
- PMMA optical
- Tempered glass
- UV stabilized polycarbonate
The choice for any of these will depend absolutely on the application.
The space design also determines the choice you make as well.
32. How Can You Repair Your 8ft LED Tube Lights?
The repair of your 8ft LED tube lights is not something we’d advise you to do if you don’t have the technical know-how.
However, with some guidance, you can work out solutions for some of the issues you are likely to encounter.
To repair your 8ft LED light tubes, you have to,
- Identify the problem.
What exactly could be wrong and where could this be from.
Usually from the “symptom,” you’d be able to tell what exactly the problem is.
- Once you’ve identified the problem, disassemble your 8ft LED tube lights and locate where the problem is from.
- If you have to replace some parts of your 8ft led tube t12, make sure the new part is compatible with your fixture.
33. What You Should Look Out For When Purchasing 8ft LED Tube Lights?
There are a few things you should keep your eyes peeled for when purchasing your 8ft LED light tubes.
- Product certification: check to confirm the product is certified by lab-testing agencies.
- Product reviews: go online to see if they have great reviews.
If not, avoid them.
Your supplier should be able to also provide you with information on how good the products you go for are before you eventually pay for them.
- Product specifications: confirm the product specifications.
Do they seem overly exaggerated?
Are they a great fit for your space?
Do their specifications meet that of your existing 2400mm fluorescent tube fixtures?
- Ease of use: are they easy to use?
This is the computer age for God’s sakes.
A time characterized by unbelievable technological innovations.
So, go for a product that makes your life easier.
34. What Are The Usage Precautions I Should Consider For 8ft Led Tube Lights?
Below are some usage precaution tips to ensure you get the best out of your 8 foot t8 led bulbs:
- Check to see if your t8 8ft led bulbs can be mounted in your space.
By law, you are not allowed to mount your 8ft t8 led just anywhere.
So, this means you have to check with your local regulations to see you’re not breaking any law that might attract a heavy fine.
- Secure the light firmly to your ceiling or wherever else you might have installed them.
- Make sure your 8ft light tubes are also well attached to your fixtures.
- Avoid looking directly at the 8 foot led tube lights.
- Avoid touching the lighting sources.
- Handle with care when installing and cleaning.
- Religiously follow manufacturers’ usage manual.
35. How To Properly Maintain My 8 Foot Fluorescent Tube LED Replacement?
Some tips on how to properly maintain your 8 foot fluorescent tube LED replacements:
- Clean regularly. About 1–2 times monthly;
- Don’t let the ambient temperature go beyond the standard to prevent the 8ft LED tube lights from overheating;
- Carry out occasional technical checks to confirm every part of your 8ft t8 led lighting systems are working properly.
36. How Do I Know An 8 Foot Led Tube Light Is Genuine If I Buy From China?
The best way to confirm the genuinity of an 8 foot LED tube light product from China is to go there yourself.
As they say, “seeing is believing.”
If you can’t go, send a trusted representative or deal with a trustworthy supplier like VST Lighting to get the best.
You can also ask them to send a sample product which you might not have to pay or pay much for.
You also want to check the company and product has been confirmed by Chinese agencies and organizations dedicated to ensuring the good quality of Chinese products.
37. What Are The Testing Procedures For 8ft LED Light Tubes Before Shipments?
To evaluate the performance of your 8ft LED light tubes before purchase and shipment, you need to carry out some tests to ensure the product you’re going to be taking home meets your expectations.
- Before purchase, you want to first check the production process of your chosen 8ft LED tube lights manufacturer.
Is their production in accordance with the internal requirements for LED lights?
- Confirm the photometric and colorimetric measurements the manufacturer claims to have with their products.
- You want to also check the lamp’s operating temperature to see how it’d operate in real situations.
- Check the1 enclosure too to see if they’re tightly screwed together.
38. What Certificates Do I Need To Ship In LED 8ft Tube Lights?
This depends on the country you’re shipping to. So, you must confirm from your local regulatory agencies what the LED 8ft light tubes importation requirements are before dealing with your manufacturer.
Some certifications to look out for depending on the country include:
- CE – EU
- RoHS – US
- EAC – EEU
- SASO – UAE
- UkSepro – Ukraine
- CCC, etc.
It’s best to confirm from your local customs office what all the shipment requirements to your country are so you can avoid customs issues when your products arrive in your country.
39. What Are The Other Shipment Requirements For 8 Foot LED Tubes?
In addition to your local import certificates, you’ll also need a certificate of origin to tell your local customs where your LED replacement for 8 foot fluorescent tubes are from.
It also provides relevant information about who produced your 8ft LED light tubes, as well as the specifications of the lighting systems.
40. Where Can I Find The Best 2400mm LED Tube Manufacturers In China?
The best 8ft led tube t12 manufacturers are scattered about in China
But, the following provinces are known to host the companies that produce the best and most innovative lighting technologies in China (and the rest of the world).