High-quality football stadium lights spread the brightness equally and Proper illumination allows the players and spectators to see the ball.
LED stadium lights are classic sport lights designed for a field event. VST manufactures football stadium lights that are far-reaching and projects bright light over long distances. The football stadium lights combine high wattage and surge protection. Since it’s used on the field with many athletes and spectators, the engineering of each piece is fine-tuned for safety; to generate and hold less electricity. As you contemplate a bulk purchase of these football field lights available in different capacities, keep in mind the use of LED bulbs in each piece. The use of LED impacts the amount of heat emitted– the heat emission is low, and since LED bulbs are made without mercury, they are eco-friendly.
VST invites you to join the long list of customers taking full advantage of these football field lights as they are built to remain highly functional for a long period of use.
China's #1 LED Stadium Lighting Manufacturer and a Reliable LED Stadium Lighting Supplier
VST invites you! — As to purchase large quantities of football lighting. Our experience in light systems and fixtures for outdoor lighting equipment makes us a brand you can trust. Since the football field lights are installed in elevated positions, we found it necessary to make them extra durable and long-lasting. As such, the need for regular maintenance becomes unnecessary. You can save costs on repairs and replacements using our brilliantly engineered stadium LED lights.
Our collection here includes LED stadium lights that project bright and clear light from different angles. As you browse through the variety of shapes and sizes, remember that every piece of led stadium light is fitted with a glare-free system. The glare-free is especially important to athletes but also to journalists capturing the game and spectators in attendance– no glare, no disturbances.
At VST, we’ve built a reputation for manufacturing premium-quality and long-lasting football lighting, an excellent choice for you in any field lighting project. With low wattage, the lumen capacity of the football stadium lights is impressive and ideal for a professional football field.
As you contact VST to purchase football field lights on a large scale, be rest assured of a great quality of all pieces of LED stadium light and enjoy hassle-free. Added to quality delivery is the accuracy and timeliness of our delivery system are accurate and timely.
- LED Stadium Lighting Manufacturing
|Item Type:||Stadium Lights||Stadium Lights||Stadium Lights||Stadium Lights||Stadium Lights|
|Color Rendering Index(Ra):||80||80||80||80||80|
|Lamp Body Material:||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum|
|Place of Origin:||China||China||China||China||China|
|Application:||Sports Stadiums||Sports Stadiums||Sports Stadiums||Sports Stadiums||Sports Stadiums|
VST: A Trusted Source of Football Lighting, a Manufacturer and Supplier with a Record of Quality Service
In creating state-of-the-art lighting, our mission is to give you value for money on every outdoor lighting manufactured by our team of experienced engineers. Our LED stadium lights are not an exception. One of the unique features of these led stadium lights is the CRI. The color rendering of the lights gives realistic color rendering. With a 90Ra+ rendering capacity and improved uniformity of the light, we are certain of giving you the best. Contact VST today! We are the trusted led stadium lighting manufacturers that supply our durable products in large quantities. We guarantee all our customers prompt and excellent service delivery.
LED Stadium Lights – Ultimate FAQs Guide
Have you ever experienced watching a football match under powerful LED stadium lights?
Undoubtedly it is an unforgettable experience. Do you know what the reason behind this unique experience is?
The day-like aura in the night is the main reason behind the fun!
High-quality football stadium lights spread the brightness equally all around the ground. Proper illumination allows the players and spectators to see the ball.
I am here to tell you all the details you want to know about LED stadium lights. Let’s move further to know the specifications, types, and advantages of football lighting.
- What Are LED Stadium Lights?
- In How Many Types Can You Classify the Football Lighting?
- What Are the Various Categories of Football Lighting According to International Standards?
- Do LED Stadium Lights Consume a Lot of Electricity?
- How Many Lumens Is a Stadium Light?
- How Many Watts Are Football Stadium Lights?
- What Are the Most Commonly Used Football Stadium Lights?
- What Are Asymmetrical LED Stadium Lights?
- What Are Symmetrical LED Stadium Lights?
- What Are the Features of Football Field Lights?
- What Is the Best Height for Football Stadium Lights?
- What Are the Specifications of a Stadium Light Pole?
- What Is the Application of LED Stadium Lights?
- What Are the Pros of Football Lighting?
- What Are the Cons of Football Lighting?
- In How Many Ways Can I Install Football Stadium Lights?
- How Color Temperatures in Stadiums Affect the Mood of Sports Players?
- What Is a Good CRI Score in Football Field Lights?
- What Is the Difference Between HID and LED Stadium Lights?
- What Is the Difference Between Flood Light and Spotlight?
- How Many Football Lighting Fixtures Does a Football Stadium Require?
- Can I Control Football Stadium Lights with My SmartPhone?
- Are Football Stadium Lights Available in Variable Colors?
- Can I Get Customized LED Stadium Lights?
- What Is the Function of Visor in Football Field Lights?
- Are LED Stadium Lights Weather-Resistant?
- Why Do Some Football Lightings Have Wire guard on Them?
- Do LED Stadium Lights Cause Damage to the Environment?
- What Factors Shall I Consider While Buying Football Lighting?
- What Are Flicker-Free Football Field Lights?
- Does Football Lighting Provide Anti-Glare Illumination?
- How Much Do Football Stadium Lights Cost?
- Who Are The Best LED Stadium Lighting Manufacturers?
1. What Are LED Stadium Lights?
LED stadium lights are strong and powerful floodlights. These lights are used in several indoor and outdoor stadiums, arenas, and big parking lots.
LED stadium lights are suitable to illuminate any area with a large space. Sports fields like football stadiums, cricket stadiums, soccer fields, and basketball courts need strong lights.
LED stadium lights are available in variable wattage and lumen powers as per the area’s requirement. Larger playing fields or stadiums with international broadcast coverage need powerful lighting.
Football field lights are mounted on high poles. Due to outdoor installation, LED stadium lighting manufacturers create lights resistant to harsh weather conditions.
Let’s move further to know about the types of football lighting.
2. In How Many Types Can You Classify the Football Lighting?
There are many types of LED stadium lights, depending on the various inbuilt options they have. You can select the football lighting according to your field requirement.
LED stadium lights are available in variable mounting options. Some can be mounted on high mast poles facing downwards, and some lights are rotatable.
Football stadium lights are available in round, square, and rectangular shapes. They can be mounted individually or with multiple lights on one pole, depending on the amount of light you need.
Laser aiming devices are helpful to ensure that the light is pointed in the right direction.
Photocells are the sensors that are helpful to turn the light on and off. Turning on/off depends on the time of the day.
It helps to keep the light focused and directional.
Various optics are used to control the distribution of the light.
3. What Are the Various Categories of Football Lighting According to International Standards?
According to EN12193, the LED stadium lights are classified into three categories.
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
Class I represents all the LED stadium lights needed for professional purposes. These are strong lights with high lumen efficiency and excellent quality.
Football lighting for the grounds used for national and international matches, with 4k or 8k media coverage, belongs to class I.
For this reason, the lights used must possess a lux ranging from 1000 – 2000.
Class II determines the light quality used for leagues and club matches. These lights are suitable for semi-professional stadiums.
The lux of horizontal lighting for class II ranges from 200 – 350lux.
The school football grounds or lighting for training or recreational purposes fall under the category of class III.
The lux ranges from 75 – 200lux for illuminating grounds for training purposes.
4. Do LED Stadium Lights Consume a Lot of Electricity?
LED technology is popular globally due to less electricity consumption. Football stadium lights consume less energy than traditional metal halide and HID floodlights in several ways. Like:
- LED football lighting starts immediately after switching on whereas, HID lights take a long warm-up time. About 40 – 80% of energy is wasted during the warm-up time.
- The second energy-saving factor is lumen efficiency. LED football lighting produces more lumens per watt as compared to HID lamps. Traditional HID lamps need 50% more energy than LED lights to create the same amount of lumens.
- LED lights don’t require a ballast to start up. HID lights need compatible ballast to work effectively. HID ballasts use 60 – 80 percent of the energy, whereas LEDs utilized 95% of the electricity.
Hence more lumen efficiency and less energy consumption lead to money-saving.
5. How Many Lumens Is a Stadium Light?
Nowadays brightness of the light depends on the lumens of the specific light, not the wattage. The lumen/luminous flux means the amount of light a lighting fixture can produce.
The higher the lumens, the brighter will be the light. LED stadium lights are famous worldwide for higher lumen efficiency yet lower energy consumption.
The luminous flux of LED floodlights ranges from 60,000 – 150,000.
By lumen efficiency, we mean the number of lumens football lighting can produce per watt. Football field lights can produce up to 160lm/w, which is an exceptional brightness for a football field.
6. How Many Watts Are Football Stadium Lights?
The watts of football field lights depend on the pole height, the number of light fixtures, lumen efficiency, size of the stadium, and type of matches played. Generally, the LED stadium lights vary between 500 – 1000 watts.
Approximately the total wattage required to illuminate a standard football stadium ranges from 40,000 – 200,000 watts.
7. What Are the Most Commonly Used Football Stadium Lights?
In the sports field there are various types of lights used:
- Metal halide lights
- Halogen lights
- LED lights
- Fluorescent lights
Most LED replacement lights are taking over HID lamps due to the positive impact of LED stadium lights on the environment, players, spectators, and stadium management.
Powerful floodlights are suitable for football field lights. Floodlights are available in variable lumen power and wattage.
You can choose the appropriate floodlight according to your sports field.
8. What Are Asymmetrical LED Stadium Lights?
Asymmetrical LED stadium lights are directional lights. These lights help to focus on a certain point. It can be sideways or a narrow beam angle to increase the light concentration in the center of the light.
You can use asymmetrical lights along with symmetrical LED lights to improve the brightness of the football field.
9. What Are Symmetrical LED Stadium Lights?
Symmetrical lighting is specified to illuminate the light equally in all directions. It is mandatory for good brightness that the football stadium lights must spread the light equally in all directions.
A clear vision of the ball and glare-free light increase the efficiency of the players and enjoyment of the crowd, which is possible with symmetrical lights.
10. What Are the Features of Football Field Lights?
High-quality football field lights must possess the following features:
- High lumen efficiency. The lumen efficiency of a good quality LED stadium light can reach up to 160lm/w.
- The diversified beam angles. To fulfill the requirements of each ground type, LED stadium lighting suppliers to provide adjustable beam angles and variable power options.
- LED stadium lights have high-quality drivers that give you a clear vision and a flicker-free broadcasting environment.
- A laser aiming device helps you to set the directions of your LED stadium light from over 300meters distance.
- Football lighting can stand against harsh weather conditions, and the LEDs used within have a long life span. They collectively provide you with an LED stadium light that can work effortlessly for you for up to 70,000 hours.
- LED stadium lights possess a compact and lightweight design. It makes them easy-to-install and pole-friendly.
- The visor helps to control light wastage and control the glare.
- A stainless steel wire guard on the LED stadium light fixtures protects the light from birds or high-speed ball.
- High-quality football stadium lights enjoy a 3 – 7 year warranty time.
11. What Is the Best Height for Football Stadium Lights?
The standard height for football field lights varies between 40 – 60 feet. However, in some school football grounds or parking lots, the stadium lights are mounted on 25 feet high poles.
In some grounds where you need high brightness for international standard matches and 4k/8k broadcasting, the pole height may exceed 100 feet.
However, you will be amazed to see the lighting effects with a 100 feet high pole light. Besides so much height, the strong and powerful LED lighting fixtures provide you with equally distributed 300+ footcandles.
12. What Are the Specifications of a Stadium Light Pole?
You cannot neglect the importance of the LED stadium light pole. The high mast pole must stand firmly, carrying multiple lighting fixtures in the most challenging weather conditions.
The pole must possess the following properties:
- Height according to the field
- Heavy-duty steel construction to carry weight
- Strong walls to stand against winds
- Minimum space occupied
- Warranty time
13. What Is the Application of LED Stadium Lights?
You can use LED stadium lights in every place with a wide-open area. Like:
- Football stadium
- Soccer stadium
- Cricket stadium
- Baseball fields
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
- Hockey arena
- Recreational fields
- Parking lots
- Shipping ports
- Railway yards
- Horse riding arenas
- Racing tracks
- Golf course
- Cycling arena
- Gymnastics lights
- Swimming pool lighting
14. What Are the Pros of Football Lighting?
The various advantages you can have from football field lights are:
- LED stadium lights have a longer lifespan as compared to HID lights.
- LED football lighting requires less maintenance.
- These are cost-effective.
- LED football field lights consume less energy.
- They are weather-resistant.
- No warm-up time is needed.
- It works efficiently in all weather conditions.
- They have adjustable beam angles.
- Excellent CRI rating as compared to metal halide lights.
- It provides better lumen efficiency at less cost.
- With inbuilt heat-sinks, LED stadium lights don’t get hot.
- LED football lighting emits less heat.
- It is eco-friendly and doesn’t emit hazardous elements into the air.
15. What Are the Cons of Football Lighting?
LED stadium lights are famous worldwide. Stadium managers are replacing LED light fixtures with existing HID lights.
Besides all the good results, there are always some limitations attached to technology. Like:
- LED stadium lights have a high upfront cost.
- In scorching weather conditions, LED stadium lights may result in minimized life span.
- The light starts changing its color before totally fading out.
16. In How Many Ways Can I Install Football Stadium Lights?
You cannot neglect the importance of high-quality football field lights, but the arrangement and installation of the lights are as important as the quality.
Properly installed lights with equal distances, directions, and amounts enhance the light quality.
There are a few ways in which you can install and mount your LED stadium lights. These are:
4 Corner poles
Four poles in each corner of the ground are installed. The lights on each pole must be strong so that it reaches the center of the land.
The pole on each corner must be at least 30 meters above the ground to ensure that the light equally distributes without causing glare.
4 Center poles
You can install two poles on each side of the ground opposite each other to make sure that the light is reaching every corner.
The height of the poles is determined by the size of the ground and the amount of light needed.
You can adjust the pole height according to the requirements.
Training grounds or high school grounds need uniform lighting without the need for much intensity. Six poles or eight poles installed in the ground give consistent light in every corner.
These lights don’t need to be installed on too high poles.
17. How Color Temperatures in Stadiums Affect the Mood of Sports Players?
Colors play a vital role in driving our moods from sadness to happiness. Globally color therapies are used to treat a person psychologically.
There is an excellent effect of colors in our surroundings. Similarly, the color temperature of light in the stadium plays an essential role in increasing the players’ enthusiasm.
The color is measured in terms of Kelvin. Color temperatures over 5000K are warmer color tones, whereas 2700 – 3000k are warmer color tones.
Cool color temperature gives a bright and clear view of the stadium. The players and spectators enjoy the game to focus on the ball with a clear view entirely.
The football stadiums globally are diverting from existing metal halide lights to cost-effective LED stadium lights. LED lights cut down the electricity bills and cast a positive effect on the mood and performance of the players.
18. What Is a Good CRI Score in Football Field Lights?
CRI means the Color Rendering Index. It measures the color accuracy of an object when light is put on it. The CRI ranges from 0 – 100 – where 100 is the best rating.
You can find LED stadium lights with variable CRI ratings. CRI above 80 is considered as a good light. Above 90 CRI is called high-CRI lights.
Most stadium managers accept 80+ CRI rating LED stadium lights. These lights give a clear view and good broadcasting results. However, to get an impressive and better result 90+ CRI rating is recommended.
19. What Is the Difference Between HID and LED Stadium Lights?
There are various ways through which you can use football field lights like fluorescent lights, halogen lights, metal halide lights, and LED stadium lights.
Every technology has its benefits and limitations. The differences between HID and LED stadium lights are:
- HID football stadium lights emit a lot of heat, whereas LED lights emit less heat.
- LED stadium lights use less electricity as compared to metal halide lamps.
- LED lights need less maintenance in comparison with HID light fixtures.
- The light distribution by the LED stadium lights is more precise and directional as compared to HID lights. Metal halide or fluorescent lights spread light in all directions.
- HID lights cause glare. On the contrary, LED stadium lights provide you an anti-glare illumination.
- LED lights are eco-friendly. On the other hand, HID lights emit hazardous gases that are dangerous for human health and the environment.
20. What Is the Difference Between Flood Light and Spotlight?
Spotlights are used to illuminate a specific area. It is used to give directional light to space. Spotlights are an ideal solution to divert the attention of the spectators or audience to a particular location.
On the other hand, floodlights are known for the high illuminating area. They brighten up a wider playing field and distribute an equal amount of light throughout the playing field.
It is recommended to use floodlights as football field lights. Spotlights are helpful in theatres and decorative purposes. However, you can use spotlights along with floodlights to give a balanced and directional lighting experience to your spectators.
21. How Many Football Lighting Fixtures Does a Football Stadium Require?
The number of luminous flux needed in a stadium depends on various factors. These factors are:
- The type of game
- The size of the playing field
- The class of the sporting event (class I, class II, and class III)
- The height of the lighting pole
In a football stadium, you can install the lighting poles in the corners, in the middle, or throughout the stadium with equal distances.
You can put 5 – 50 pieces of light fixtures per pole, depending on the requirement. The pole height also varies from 40 – 100 feet.
In stadiums like cricket and hockey, you need more luminous flux than football and basketball stadiums. The ball is smaller in size in a cricket match, moves faster, and requires more powerful light to see conveniently.
22. Can I Control Football Stadium Lights with My SmartPhone?
It was never so easy to control your lights before the invention of smart LED stadium lights. You can switch on/off, dim, change color, and adjust the angle with remote controls.
You can connect your smart LED stadium lights with your smartphone, tablet, or pc and control them comfortably.
23. Are Football Stadium Lights Available in Variable Colors?
Yes, LED stadium lights are available in RGB and RGBW. Create a fantastic effect in the opening ceremonies of the international football championships with high-quality color-changing RGB LED stadium lights.
For your convenience, LED stadium lighting manufacturers provide a remote control with RGB lights so that you can control the colors quickly.
24. Can I Get Customized LED Stadium Lights?
VST-Lighting will be pleased to hear from you. Please give us your demands and requirements. We can customize the size of the light, wattage, lumen efficiency, CRI, and color temperature for you.
You name it, and our highly educated engineers will provide the best solution for your sports field.
25. What Is the Function of Visor in Football Field Lights?
The visors or shrouds work as a shield for LED stadium lights. The intense floodlights emit bright light that can cause glare and spills in all directions.
To avoid upward light spills and minimize the glare effect, LED stadium lighting manufacturers attach visors on the top or side of the light fixtures.
It also prevents the neighboring areas from getting disturbed by the intense illumination of football field lights.
26. Are LED Stadium Lights Weather-Resistant?
Football field lights need to be weather-resistant to stand against the harsh conditions. High-quality LED stadium lights are tough and strong and are resistant to extreme weather conditions.
All outdoor lighting fixtures are solid and weather-resistant as compared to indoor lights. Due to the strong structure and light fixtures, the football field lights have a longer lifespan.
The LED stadium lighting manufacturers design the lights to stand firm against rain, strong winds, thunderstorms, and snow.
These lights work efficiently in severely hot and cold conditions. The components used in LED stadium lights are anti-corrosive and therefore increase the life of the light.
These lights can work for years without getting damaged by dust and moisture.
27. Why Do Some Football Lightings Have Wire guard on Them?
Mainly the class I football field lights are secured with a stainless steel wire guard.
To secure the high-quality LED stadium light fixture from high-speed objects like a ball or a flying bird.
Grounds that are specified for international matches tend to face high shots. For example, during a cricket match, there are many chances of hitting a ball to the light.
28. Do LED Stadium Lights Cause Damage to the Environment?
Leaving the stadium lights on overnight can cause discomfort for the neighbouring areas or may cause damage to the environment. Let’s see, does a LED stadium light cause damage to the environment, or are there measures taken to avoid the damage?
- The LED technology is eco-friendly and doesn’t emit hazardous rays to damage the environment.
- Leaving the lights on for a more extended period is not threatening. LED stadium lights emit significantly less heat, and the heat dissipation system protects the light from getting overheated.
- Directional lights and adjustable beam angles are helpful to keep the focus of the light in the ground and protect the surrounding from light spills.
- Football stadium lights are available with motion sensors and dimming options. It helps to dim the light when it is not needed. When the light senses a movement, it turns on automatically.
- Dimmers and sensors reduce the high brightness of the floodlights and cut down the electricity consumption up to 10%.
- LEDs with warmer color temperatures ranging from 4000 or below are ideal for stadiums. White lights or warmer color temperatures don’t pollute the environment.
29. What Factors Shall I Consider While Buying Football Lighting?
Here is a list of factors you must consider while selecting football lighting.
- The lumen efficiency (according to your sports field)
- Required wattage to illuminate the whole area
- Number of light fixtures needed (on each pole)
- Color temperature
- Dimmers and sensors (if you need them)
- Coverage area
- For class I lighting purposes, ensure it is flicker-free and can give excellent 4K/8K broadcasting results.
30. What Are Flicker-Free Football Field Lights?
Proper lighting in a football stadium is vital for the players and spectators and essential for the cameras.
The cameras covering the whole event and broadcasting globally must collect in the proper light with accurate color depiction.
The 4k and 8k televisions showing HD and UHD pictures catch even the smallest detail. So, flicker-free high-quality lighting in the football stadium is a necessity nowadays.
Benefits of flicker-free lights
- Flicker-free lights double the enjoyment of spectators. They are not distracted by the flickering and flashing lights.
- The people-watching matches on television enjoy a clearer view of what is happening in the ground with every minor detail. Cameras can capture every single detail conveniently with the flicker-free LED stadium lights.
- Flicker-free stadium lights also minimize the chance of glare. Hence, resulting in clearer broadcasting.
- The light distributes equally in every corner of the ground. The broadcasters don’t need to worry about adjusting their cameras in a flicker-free corner.
- All in all, a flicker-free light gives an excellent clear picture result on 4k and 8k television broadcasting.
31. Does Football Lighting Provide Anti-Glare Illumination?
The glare caused by LED stadium lights can be of two types:
- One that makes you uneasy and you want to look in the other direction
- The other that may cause harm to your eyes and sight
LED stadium lighting suppliers make football field lights with an anti-glare illumination system with the advancement in technology.
It is a system that provides directional light to the ground and minimizes the glare effect.
Glare can cause a distraction for the player in the ground and affect his efficiency. It can also put a spectator in a discomfort zone and ruin the thrill.
Anti-glare illumination also helps in a better broadcasting result.
32. How Much Do Football Stadium Lights Cost?
The cost of football stadium lights depends on many factors. The initial cost of regular LED stadium lights for school football grounds ranges from $50,000 – $120,000.
More efficient lights or added number of fixtures may add the initial cost. Besides the purchasing costs, annual electricity bills and maintenance charges may add to the total football field lights cost.
33. Who Are The Best LED Stadium Lighting Manufacturers?
For the past ten years, VST-Lighting is serving globally with high-quality LED lights. Our trained engineers and technicians work round the clock to provide the best solutions according to your requirements.
VST-Lighting’s QA/QC team inspects the manufacturing process from raw material gathering to final packaging. The production is up to international standards can be acknowledged by the various certificates VST-Lighting has got.
We have got many national and international certificates that allow you to run your business anywhere in the world.
The strong technical capabilities of our technicians help you to solve the lighting issues you have. We can provide you guidance and assistance in your football stadium lighting projects.
VST-Lighting provides you quality football stadium lights with competitive prices and on-time shipment deliveries.
You can contact our sales and services team for more questions and queries and get your quotation right away.