Various Types of Fluorescent Light Fixtures
VST offers different types of light fixtures, either for LED or fluorescent tube lights.
Tri-proof light fixtures from 1ft to 8ft.
Linear batten fixture from 2ft to 8ft.
Grille Fixture, 2x18w, 2x36w, 2x54w, etc.
Send your inquiry to get more details.
Premium Quality Fluorescent Light Fixtures from China Factory
VST tri-proof fluorescent light fixtures are waterproof, anti-corrosion, dustproof.
The complete range of fixtures is available at VST. From the shortest 30cm to the longest 240cm. Fixtures for a single tubes and twin tubes are both available. Welcome to discuss with us your need. We have stock for major models, so we can deliver your order quickly.
The lamp body can be PC (Polycarbonate) or ABS. The PC cover can be transparent, milky or strips. The clips for seal can be PC material or stainless steel.
You can request G5 lamp holder for T5 tubes or G13 lamp holder for T8 tubes.
The fixtures can be equipped with traditional ballast for classic fluorescent tubes. Or we can provide the wiring layout for LED tubes.
We can even place the LED board in the fixtures directly, then you don’t need any additional light sources like tubes. We call it LED tri-proof light (click to see the details).
The fluorescent light fittings can be used for supermarkets, factories, warehouses, hospitals, garages, schools, offices, fitness facilities, basements, and etc.
If you want to customize some light fixtures, we are also good at it. Like add emergency battery backup to the fixtures, or add some sensor to fittings. Please send us your request.
|Fluorescent Light Fixtures Model Options|
|Watt||1x 10w/ 1x 18W||2x 10W /2x 18W||1x 18W / 1x 36W||2x 18W / 2x 36W||1x 25W / 2x 54W 58W||2x 25W / 2x 54W 58W|
|Working Voltage||AC85~265V, AC100~277V / 347V, AC200~240V, DC12V, DC24V; 50/60Hz|
|Materials||ABS body + PC cover|
|PC cover options||Milky/Strip/Transparent|
|End cap||G13, G5, T8-G5, R17D/Fa6/Fa8 single pin|
|Working Temperature||-30℃ ~ +95℃|
|IP Grade||IP20 / IP65 / IP67|
VST: Your Number Destination for Genuine And High-quality Fluorescent Luminaire.
VST invites you to benefits from the value offered by purchasing the different types of fluorescent light fittings. All of the fluorescents are manufactured with top-notch lightings built with advanced technology. Additionally, you get a warranty on all the fluorescent light fixtures.
Send in an inquiry today to get full insight into our production, services, and delivery arrangement. We are the fluorescent light fixture manufacturers you can trust to make deliveries that meet and exceed expectations.
Some of Our Custom LED Light Fixtures
Fluorescent Light Fixtures – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Fluorescent light fixtures are incredibly versatile. They can be mounted on walls, ceilings, soffits, or any other surface. They can even be hung from the ceiling.
On top of this, fluorescent light systems are more energy efficient than incandescent and halogen light setups and cheaper to acquire than LED light fixtures and bulbs.
These advantages have made fluorescent fixtures popular for use in schools, gyms, offices, garages, and basements.
In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about fluorescent light fittings so you can make the right choice for your projects.
Table of Content
- What is a fluorescent light fixture?
- What are the different types of fluorescent tube light fittings?
- What are T5 fluorescent light fixtures?
- What are T8 fluorescent tube lighting fixtures?
- What are T12 fluorescent light fixtures?
- What are the advantages of T5 and T8 fluorescent fixtures over T12 fixtures?
- What is the difference between T8 and T12 fluorescent light fixtures?
- Are T8 and T12 fluorescent tube light fixture interchangeable?
- How can I convert a T12 fluorescent light fixture into a T8 fixture?
- Should I get a T8 or T5 fluorescent fixture?
- What are the parts of a hanging fluorescent light fixtures?
- What is ballast for fluorescent light fixtures?
- How can you tell if a fluorescent ballast is bad?
- What advantages do fluorescent light fixtures have?
- What are the disadvantages of fluorescent light fittings?
- What are the best applications for fluorescent tube fixture?
- How does a fluorescent light fitting work?
- Can you use a dimmer with fluorescent light fixtures?
- How to install fluorescent light fixtures?
- How to wire a fluorescent luminaire?
- Do fluorescent light fixtures need to be grounded?
- How to ground a fluorescent light fixture?
- How to install hanging led fluorescent light fixtures?
- How do I know what bulb to install in a fluorescent light fixture?
- How to install a light bulb in a fluorescent light fixture?
- How do you hide a fluorescent tube light fittings?
- What causes fluorescent light fixtures to stop working?
- What to do if your fluorescent tube lighting fixtures has dead or flickering bulbs?
- How to repair fluorescent light fixtures?
- How to clean a fluorescent light fitting?
- What to do with old fluorescent light fixtures?
- How do you dispose of fluorescent tube light fixtures?
- What is the difference between fluorescent light fixtures and LED light fixtures?
- Can I put LED lights in a fluorescent fixture?
- How do I convert afluorescent tube light fixture to LED?
- How to remove or bypass the ballast when converting fluorescent light fixture to LED?
- Is it worth it to replace fluorescent light fixtures with LED?
- How many watts LED tube light do you need when converting fluorescent to LED?
- Should I replace a regular light fixture with a fluorescent light fixture?
- How do I replace an incandescent light fixture with a fluorescent tube fixture?
- Which fluorescent light fixture is best for kitchen?
- Which fluorescent luminaire is suitable for damp locations?
- How to choose good quality fluorescent light fixtures?
- How to choose the right fluorescent tube light fittings for your projects?
- How to import fluorescent light fixtures from manufacturer in China?
- How to find a reliable fluorescent tube lighting fixtures manufacturer in China?
- How to vet a fluorescent light fixtures manufacturer in China?
- How to ship fluorescent tube fixtures from manufacturer in China?
1. What is a fluorescent light fixture?
A fluorescent light fixture is an electrical device designed for holding a fluorescent lamp or lamps.
It’s also referred to as a fluorescent light fitting or a fluorescent luminaire.
The fixture can be attached to the ceiling or wall or suspended from the ceiling, while the lamp or lamps can be held in sockets or wired in place.
2. What are the different types of fluorescent tube light fittings?
The different types of fluorescent light fittings include:
- Fluorescent strip light fixtures provide direct lighting for applications such as illuminating manufacturing facilities.
- Fluorescent wrap light fixtures are preferred in homes, schools, and offices because they produce soft diffused light.
- High bay industrial fluorescent light fixtures are designed for mounting at ceiling heights of 20 feet or higher. They produce plenty of light dispersed over a large area.
- Jar fixtures are designed for lighting up small spaces. They can be mounted on the ceiling or suspended as pendant fixtures.
3. What are T5 fluorescent light fixtures?
The letter T stands for tubular, while the number is the diameter of the tube light the fixture is designed to hold.
The diameter is described in terms of eighth inches.
A T5 light fixture is designed to hold a T5 tube light with a diameter of 5/8 of an inch.
4. What are T8 fluorescent tube lighting fixtures?
T8 fluorescent light fixtures are sized to hold T8 tube lights with a diameter of 8/8 of an inch, which is exactly one inch.
5. What are T12 fluorescent light fixtures?
T12 fluorescent light fixtures are designed to hold tube lights measuring 12/8 of an inch in diameter, which translates to 1.5 inches thick.
6. What are the advantages of T5 and T8 fluorescent fixtures over T12 fixtures?
The ballasts and tube lights used in both T5 and T8 fluorescent light fixtures are more energy efficient than those used in T12 fluorescent fixtures.
Converting a T12 fluorescent luminaire into a T8 or T5 fixture is a great way to cut energy bills.
7. What is the difference between T8 and T12 fluorescent light fixtures?
The difference between T8 and T12 fluorescent fittings is in their size.
T8 fittings are smaller than T12 fittings.
8. Are T8 and T12 fluorescent tube light fixtures interchangeable?
Both T8 and T12 tube lights require G13 sockets.
This means that they can fit in any fluorescent light fixture, whether a T8 or a T12, as long as the fixture also features G13 sockets.
However, T8 and T12 fluorescent lamps work with different ballasts.
You have to change the ballast if you want to use a T8 tube light in a T12 fixture.
The ballast is not needed when using LED tube lights in fluorescent light fixtures.
9. How can I convert a T12 fluorescent light fixture into a T8 fixture?
There are two ways to transform a T12 fluorescent fixture into a T8 fluorescent fixture:
Option 1 Use a Retrofit Kit
The easiest way to transform a T12 fluorescent fixture into a T8 fluorescent fitting is to make use of a retrofit kit.
Such a kit comes packed with everything you will need to make the conversion.
All you have to do is buy a suitable kit and follow the instructions provided to install it.
Option 2 Replace The Entire T12 Fixture
Alternatively, you can remove the old T12 fixture and replace it with a new T8 fluorescent fixture.
However, this approach is more expensive as you have to purchase a new T8 tube light and a new T8 fixture as well.
10. Should I get a T8 or T5 fluorescent fixture?
Whether to use a T5 or T8 fluorescent fixture comes down to the height at which the fixtures will be mounted or suspended and the budget you’ve set for the project.
Pricewise, T5 fixtures are more expensive than T8 fixtures.
Since the performance of both T5 and T8 tube lights is roughly the same when the fixtures are installed at a height of under twelve feet, a T8 fixture is the more cost effective option for low ceiling applications.
If you will be mounting the fixture at a height above twelve feet, a T5 fixture will serve you better as a T5 setup has a higher light output and a better light distribution than a T8 setup.
11. What are the parts of a hanging fluorescent light fixture?
The parts of a fluorescent light fixture include the fixture body, the lamp holders, the ballast, and the starter.
- The lamp holders are the sockets that hold the tube light in place.
- The ballast is the component that regulates the current flowing into the fluorescent lamp. LED lights are self-regulating and don’t need a ballast.
- Older fluorescent light fixtures also have a starter. This is a switch that helps ignite the lamp once the light is turned on.
12. What is ballast for fluorescent light fixtures?
Ballast is a component that regulates the current flowing into fluorescent tube lights.
It ensures the lamp or lamps receive the required voltage in order to produce light.
If a fluorescent tube light were to be directly connected to a high voltage supply, it would draw current uncontrollably and blow out.
The ballast prevents this from happening.
It also ensures a stable and consistent flow of electricity into the lamps.
The ballast is, however, not needed in an LED fluorescent light fixture.
13. How can you tell if a fluorescent ballast is bad?
The warning signs of a bad fluorescent ballast include delayed starting or failure to light up at all when you switch the lights on, flickering or dimming, humming or buzzing sounds, and inconsistent colors or light levels.
The ballast itself also offers tell tale signs that it’s failing or already damaged. These include bulging casing, burn marks, signs of moisture, or oil leakage.
Being on the lookout for these symptoms can help you notice a failing ballast and replace it before it dies and the tube light burns out too.
14. What advantages do fluorescent light fixtures have?
The main advantage of fluorescent light fixtures is their versatility.
Not only can you mount them on surfaces such as walls and ceilings, but you can also suspend them from the ceiling.
Additionally, you can use them with fluorescent tube lights or use them as LED fluorescent light fixtures.
The other advantage is the low upfront cost when compared to LED fixtures.
Fluorescent light fixtures and bulbs are cheaper to buy and install than LED systems.
15. What are the disadvantages of fluorescent light fittings?
The disadvantage of fluorescent light fittings is that they are more expensive than incandescent and halogen light fixtures.
However, the better energy efficiency and longer lifespan make up for this higher upfront cost.
16. What are the best applications for fluorescent tube fixtures?
The most common applications for fluorescent light fixtures are in commercial spaces.
- They are used for general lighting in schools, offices, and retail stores.
- Because of their high light output and dispersion, T5 industrial fluorescent light fixtures are used in warehouses and other spaces with high bay ceilings.
- Hospitals also favor fluorescent lighting systems as they are energy efficient and produce clean and white light.
- Fluorescent light fixtures are also used in residential spaces, typically in the kitchen, bathroom, garage, workshop, and basement.
- Fluorescent fittings can also be used as grow lights for growing plants indoors.
17. How does a fluorescent light fitting work?
The main function of a fluorescent light fixture is to hold the tube light or tube lights in place and provide a way for electricity to flow from the power supply to the lamps.
- When the light is switched on, the current from the power supply enters the fixture through the left-side prong.
- The power then travels through the ballast, first lamp filament, closed starter, second lamp filament, and exits out through the right side prong.
- Once the element in the tube light is ionized, the starter transmits a jolt of electricity to kick start the light. However, modern self starting fluorescent light systems don’t have a starter.
- When using fluorescent lamps, the current flowing into the lamps is regulated by the ballast. LED fluorescent light fixtures don’t require the ballast.
18. Can you use a dimmer with fluorescent light fixtures?
Generally, fluorescent fittings are not dimmable.
However, some modern fluorescent fittings that use electronic ballasts can work with a dimmer switch.
If you decide to get a dimmer switch, make sure that the switch you get is compatible with the type and brand of ballast in the fixture.
19. How to install fluorescent light fixtures?
Video How to install a fluorescent light fitting:
Your fluorescent fixture will come with installation instructions to follow.
Generally, here are the steps to follow to mount a fluorescent fitting:
- Step 1: Wear safety goggles and switch off the power at the circuit breaker to cut the flow of electricity to the fixture.
- Step 2: Use a stud finder to locate the ceiling joists and mark them. Mounting the fixture to ceiling studs ensures the fixture is held firmly in place.
- Step 3: Lift the fixture and position the base where you intend to mount it.
- Step 4: Make sure the base is resting parallel to the wall and mark where to drill the drill holes.
- Step 5: Put the fixture down, and drill the holes. You can also have another person hold the fixture in place as you drill.
- Step 6: Fasten the fixture using screws where there’s a joist and toggle bolts where there’s no stud.
20. How to wire a fluorescent luminaire?
Video: How to wire a fluorescent light fixture:
If there are no wires and switches where you intend to install the fixture, it will be necessary to hard wire the fixture .
Hardwiring should only be performed by a licensed electrician.
As for simply connecting the newly-installed fixture to existing wires, here is how to go about it:
- Step 1: Turn off the power at the circuit breaker to cut the flow of electricity to the fixture
- Step 2: Connect the hot black wires from the power supply with the black wire on the fixture.
- Step 3: Connect the neutral white wire from the power supply to the white wire on the fixture.
- Step 4: Use wire nuts to cap the wire connections.
- Step 5: Attach the ground wire to the fixture base.
21. Do fluorescent light fixtures need to be grounded?
Grounding fluorescent light fixtures is essential for proper operation and safety.
In the event of high current, the grounding wire provides a way out for the heavy current.
22. How to ground a fluorescent light fixture?
Your new fluorescent light fixtures should come with grounding screws.
To ground the fixture, wind the ground wires from the fixture (the copper or silver wires) around the ground screw and connect to the ground wire from the power supply.
23. How to install hanging hanging led fluorescent light fixtures?
If you will be suspending hanging fluorescent light fixtures using a chain or a cable, you should drill eyelets instead of screw holes.
Drill the eyelets where the ceiling studs are located and then use hooks to attach the chains to the eyelets.
24. How do I know what bulb to install in a fluorescent light fixture?
The fluorescent light fixture you choose will indicate the type, length, and wattage rating the tube light or bulb you use it with should have.
25. How to install a light bulb in a fluorescent light fixture?
- As always, switch the light off as a safety precaution.
- Lift the bulb and position it so that the prongs on the ends are in line with the slots on the sockets at both ends of the fixture.
- Insert the lamp by pressing it into the sockets.
- Turn the lamp in a 90 degree angle to lock the lamp in place.
- Give the tube light a gentle tug in order to ensure it’s securely in place.
- Switch the light back on to see whether the new bulb is working.
26. How do you hide a fluorescent tube light fitting?
The best way to hide a fluorescent light fixture is to cover it.
- There are acrylic and polycarbonate covers made specifically for this purpose.
- You can also use a diffuser or a reflector to hide the light fixture, while also improving the quality of the fluorescent
- Finally, you can improvise and use a sheet, fabric, or rice paper to hide the fluorescent fitting.
27. What causes fluorescent light fixtures to stop working?
- Fluorescent light fixtures stop working because of a failed ballast.
- In fluorescent fittings older than 15 years, the cause of failure might also be a bad starter.
- A defective switch or wiring issue can also cause the fitting to fail.
- The electronic components in fluorescent fixtures can also fail when the temperature is extremely low.
28. What to do if your fluorescent tube lighting fixture has dead or flickering bulbs?
If the lamps in a fluorescent light fixture are flickering or dead, you should troubleshoot in order to find out exactly what is causing the flickering or failure to light up.
Here’s how to troubleshoot a faulty fluorescent light fixture:
- Check the bulb
Check that the bulb is installed properly and inspect it for signs of damage.
A defective tube light will have darkened areas near the end of one or both sides.
To test the tube, you can remove it and install it in another working fixture or install a working tube in the faulty fixture.
- Replace the starter
If your fixture is more than 15 years old and the lamp is only lit at the ends or keeps flickering on and off, this is a sign that the starter is faulty and needs replacement.
- Check the Ballast
The clearest sign of a failing ballast is a humming or buzzing sound.
If you hear buzzing, you should check the ballast for signs of damage such as scorched marks.
- Check the Switch and Wiring
If the tube, the starter, and the ballast are all working properly but the lamp still won’t light up, check for a defective switch or wiring issues.
Use a voltage tester to check that there’s power at the switch as well as at the fixture.
29. How to repair fluorescent light fixtures?
Video How to troubleshoot and repair fluorescent light fixtures:
Any defective component of a fluorescent light fixture, whether it be the starter, the ballast, or the attached tube lights cannot be repaired.
The only solution is to replace the faulty component with a new one.
The starter, ballast, or bulb you buy for replacement should match the wattage rating of the fluorescent light fitting.
30. How to clean a fluorescent light fitting?
- Turn off the supply of electricity to the fixture by switching off power at the main breaker.
- Wear goggles and have a sturdy ladder to stand on.
- Remove the light bulb and put it in a safe place.
- Vacuum the loose dirt and debris from the fixture.
- Use a soft dry cloth to wipe the fixture and the tube.
- Use a damp cloth and mild detergent to remove stubborn dirt.
- Restore the bulb once everything is clean and dry.
31. What to do with old fluorescent light fixtures?
The most cost-effective and environmentally friendly approach is to re-use the old fluorescent light fixture.
You can install more energy efficient lamps such as T5 fluorescent tubes and LED tube lights in the old fixture.
32. How do you dispose of fluorescent tube light fixtures?
If the fixture is completely damaged or you’ve decided to replace it with a more energy efficient and better looking fixture, you should recycle the fixture.
Fluorescent fixtures are made of recyclable plastic or metal and contain electronic parts that can be reused by manufacturers.
If you’re disposing of fluorescent bulbs or tubes as well, take note that these must be dropped off at an authorized facility for recycling or a universal waste handler.
33. What is the difference between fluorescent light fixtures and LED light fixtures?
Here are the differences between fluorescent light fixtures and LED light fixtures:
- Fluorescent light fixtures utilize a ballast to regulate the flow of current but LED light fixtures do not make use of a ballast.
- The fixture wattage for LED light fittings is lower than that of fluorescent fixtures.
- LED light fixtures are more expensive to buy and install than fluorescent fixtures.
34. Can I put LED lights in a fluorescent fixture?
You can put LED light lights in a fluorescent fixture.
This is a great way to take advantage of the benefits of LED light technology without having to spend money on a new LED fixture.
The next question will show you the different ways you can accomplish this.
35. How do I convert a fluorescent tube light fixture to LED?
Video How to convert fluorescent lights to LED:
- Method 1 Install a plug and play LED tube light
To install an LED bulb into an existing fluorescent fitting, you should get a plug and play LED tube light.
Such a tube light is also referred to as a drop in or ballast compatible LED lamp.
The conversion is as simple as popping in the LED tube light.
There’s no need to configure the wiring.
- Method 2 Bypass the ballast
The second method of converting a fluorescent light fixture to LED is to use retrofit LED tubes.
However, this requires that you remove the ballast first.
Removing the ballast increases the energy efficiency and also eliminates future problems due to ballast failure.
36. How to remove or bypass the ballast when converting fluorescent light fixture to LED?
Removing or bypassing the ballast is key to maximizing the benefits of using LED lamps in a fluorescent fixture.
Here is how to remove the ballast:
- Switch off the power at the circuit breaker to cut off electricity to the fixture.
- Disconnect the wires connecting the ballast to the fixture.
- Connect the wires by matching the colors.
- Replace the cover and install the LED light tube.
37. Is it worth it to replace fluorescent light fixtures with LED?
A third way to upgrade a fluorescent light fixture into LED is to replace the entire fluorescent fixture with an LED light fixture.
Even though you will have to shell out more money to purchase and install LED fixtures and lamps, the benefits you will reap make switching to LED worth it.
These benefits include:
- Replacing the entire fluorescent light fixture will enable you to pass the maximum fixture wattage requirement without having to reduce the number of fixtures in use.
- Since LED light systems are more energy efficient and give you more control over the light than fluorescent fittings do, you will easily pass efficiency and control requirements in your building.
- LED fittings are less demanding in maintenance so will also save on maintenance costs. For example, there will be no ballast to replace and it will be a long time before you have to replace the tube light.
- You might be able to apply for rebate programs and reclaim some of the cost of upgrading to LED lighting.
38. How many watts LED tube light do you need when converting fluorescent to LED?
You will need LED tube lights with a lower wattage rating than that of the fluorescent tube light you will be replacing.
For examples, an 18W linear LED tube light is the equivalent of a 28W T5 or a 36W T8 fluorescent tube light.
This is because LED tube lights have a high lumen efficacy rating than fluorescent tube lights.
Fluorescent lights emit 50 to 100 lumens per watt while LED lights have a 130 lumens light output per watt.
The good thing is that manufacturers usually indicate the wattage of the fluorescent lamp an LED tube light is designed to replace.
39. Should I replace a regular light fixture with a fluorescent light fixture?
If you want to switch to the more energy efficient spiral compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), you don’t have to install a new fluorescent fixture.
CFLs are designed to fit into regular light fixtures.
If you wish to use linear fluorescent tube lights, on the other hand, you should replace the incandescent fixture with a linear fluorescent fixture.
40. How do I replace an incandescent light fixture with a fluorescent tube fixture?
You should put off the power at the circuit breaker, remove the bulbs, and uninstall the incandescent fixture.
You should then follow the instructions provided above to install the new fluorescent light fixture.
41. Which fluorescent light fixture is best for kitchen?
For ambient lighting in the kitchen, you can use ceiling mounted fittings or pendant light fittings.
T5 fluorescent light fittings mounted under cabinets provide great task lighting for kitchen countertops.
42. Which fluorescent luminaire is suitable for damp locations?
Damp locations require damp rated vapor tight fluorescent fixtures.
Such luminaires are sealed to shield the sensitive internal components from water, moisture, and dust.
They are UL listed and come with Ingress Protection (IP) ratings of at least IP65.
They are also built tough enough to withstand heat, corrosion, and impacts.
Vapor light fittings are the best fluorescent luminaires for wet or high humidity locations such as car parks, garages, laundry rooms, refrigerators, bridges, and tunnels.
43. How to choose good quality fluorescent light fixtures?
The aspects you should pay attention to in order to choose high quality fluorescent fixtures include:
The fixture’s body should be made of a tough acrylic or polycarbonate plastic or a strong, heat and corrosion resistant metal such as aluminum or steel.
This is so the fixture can withstand heat without fading or melting and withstand impacts without breaking.
The fixtures should use a premium quality ballast that’s rated for the intended application.
Finally, the fluorescent luminaire manufacturer should provide a 3 to 5 years warranty for the fixtures.
44. How to choose the right fluorescent tube light fittings for your projects?
Fluorescent fixtures come in different lengths and configurations.
Some are designed to hold a single tube light while others can accommodate multiple lamps.
Below are things to consider in order to choose the right fluorescent light fixture for your projects:
- Wattage and Voltage
Make sure the fixtures meet the voltage and frequency standards in your country.
For example, the US requires 120 V, 60 Hz., while the European Union countries have CE standards.
Check the wattage ratings too and choose a fixture with a wattage rating similar to that of the bulb or tube light you will be using.
The size of the space you intend to illuminate will determine what size fixture to choose.
Slim and compact fixtures are designed for tight spaces like locker rooms and closets.
For large commercial and industrial spaces such as hospitals, factories, gyms, warehouses, and departmental stores, choose T5 industrial fluorescent light fixtures.
They put out an incredible amount of light and the light is focused downwards.
- Ceiling Height
High bay lighting applications require T5 lights because they have a high light output and superior light dispersion.
For fluorescent luminaires designed to be mounted at a height of less than 12 feet, you can choose a T8 fixture equipped with a diffuser.
For residential use, choose fluorescent light fixtures with a diffuser that softens the light.
Make sure the diffuser disperses light in a way that lights the intended space effectively.
Last but not least, appearance is also an important consideration.
Choose a light that blends well with the décor or improves the aesthetics of the space.
45. How to import fluorescent light fixtures from manufacturer in China?
Below are the steps to follow when importing fluorescent light fixtures from China:
- Find a reliable fluorescent luminaire manufacturer in China
- Vet the supplier to ensure that they meet quality standards.
- Discuss your project with the supplier and negotiate terms such as sampling, pricing, customization, and delivery.
- Make a deposit payment of 30 to 50% of the total cost.
- Inspect the fluorescent light fixtures and pay the rest of the money.
- Arrange for shipping of the fixtures to your country.
46. How to find a reliable fluorescent tube lighting fixtures manufacturer in China?
China is a leader in the manufacturing of fluorescent light fittings.
As such, there are numerous fluorescent light fixtures manufacturers in China.
So how can you decide which manufacturer to order from?
- Do Your Research
Conducting research is the first step to finding a high quality fluorescent luminaire manufacturer in China.
You can type in ‘best fluorescent light fixture manufacturers China’ on Google and see what will come up.
You can also search for suppliers on B2B websites like Alibaba and Made in China.
- Attend Trade Shows
Another fantastic way to find a fluorescent fixture manufacturer from China is to attend trade shows or exhibition events.
Examples of these fairs include the Canton Import and Export Fair and the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair.
This is a great opportunity to see the best China fluorescent light fixtures manufacturers gathered in one place, talk to their representatives face to face, and see for yourself what they have to offer.
- Use a sourcing agent
Finally, you can hire a reputable lighting products sourcing agent to act as your representative in China.
They will not only recommend trustworthy suppliers you can buy from, but they will also act as your personal representative in China making the importation process a breeze.
47. How to vet fluorescent light fixture manufacturers in China?
- Check Their Experience and Certifications
Before you decide whether to go with a specific fluorescent light fitting manufacturer in China, you should find out how many years of experience the manufacturer has in the industry.
You should also ascertain that they are a licensed lighting fixtures manufacturer and certified by third party organizations such as ISO and LEED.
Visit their website to learn more. You can also request a catalog of their fixtures.
- Visit the fluorescent luminaire manufacturer in China
Visiting the manufacturer’s premises is the best way to vet a supplier.
You can talk with the suppliers, inspect the factory and samples, and even have a chance to observe the manufacturing process.
- Enlist the help of a sourcing agent
It’s not always possible to visit the manufacturer’s premises in China.
If this is the case, the best way to ensure the manufacturer makes high quality fluorescent light fittings that meet the required standards is to enlist the services of a sourcing agent.
Choose a reputable sourcing agent who has extensive experience in the lighting industry in China.
Ideally, the sourcing agent should be in the same location as the manufacturer.
This way, it’s easy for the sourcing agent to visit the fluorescent luminaire manufacturer often, oversee the manufacturing process, and inspect the final product before shipping.
48. How to ship fluorescent tube fixtures from manufacturer in China?
When it comes to the shipping of fluorescent light fittings from China, you can enlist the services of a freight forwarder.
You may also prefer to handle the shipping personally.
Sea freight is the most cost effective shipping option if you ordered a large number of fluorescent fittings and the shipment isn’t urgent.
Air freight will provide speedy delivery of your order but at a much higher cost.
As for customs clearance, it’s smart to enlist the help of an experienced importing agent to handle the clearance on your behalf.
Hopefully, our fluorescent light fixtures FAQ guide has enlightened you enough to determine the best fluorescent fittings for your need and make a purchase with confidence.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions about fluorescent luminaires.