State-of-the-art warehouse lighting Built for all types of Company warehouses. Fitted with heat dissipation system and Eye Protection Material
You can purchase warehouse lighting in large quantities from VST. Our collection of LED warehouse lighting is suitable for high ceilings as high as 30 to 60 feet. Using LED technology, the bulbs illuminate brightly for distinct clarity in a warehouse. The LED coverage and high brightness are evidence of the research and top-quality engineering we input in our production process.
If you are an electrical contractor, replacing metal halide or fluorescent lighting for warehouse projects is best achieved using LED light for a warehouse. The LED warehouse light is more efficient, consumes less energy, and reduces energy costs up to 50% to 80% than fluorescent.
VST : The Best Warehouse Light Fixtures Supplier in China
You can purchase and get warehouse light fixtures delivered to any location of choice in any desired bulk quantity. Our flexible delivery system ensures all ordered warehouse lighting fixtures are delivered on time and accurately. Based on desired dimensions and design, VST also delivers accordingly.
You see, each of the LED warehouse lighting fixtures is fitted with a motion-sensing system for automated functions. The CRI of the LED bulbs give not just bright lighting but ensure accuracy in color and appropriate temperature tone. The warehouse LED light fixtures can be recessed, surface mounted, or suspended based on the project goal.
You can request the service of our field expert in the installation process for analysis, detecting possible errors, and proffering warehouse lighting solutions that suits each project. Our supply chain reaches across borders. You can also be assured of high-quality warehouse lighting products. All of the warehouse lightings have UL marking and also have ROHS & CE certification. Wholesalers can sell in many regions of the world especially in Europe and more. We serve you the quality that helps your business grow and thrive.
Reach out to us today to make bulk purchases.
- Warehouse Lighting Manufacturing
|Input voltage||100-277VAC & 277-480VAC for USA&CANADA||100-277VAC & 277-480VAC for USA&CANADA||100-277VAC & 277-480VAC for USA&CANADA||100-277VAC & 277-480VAC for USA&CANADA||100-277VAC & 277-480VAC for USA&CANADA|
|Frequency||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz|
|Base||Line Interface||Line Interface||Line Interface||Line Interface||Line Interface|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Installation||Hook / Bracket||Hook / Bracket||Hook / Bracket||Hook / Bracket||Hook / Bracket|
|Package||1 pc/ctn||1 pc/ctn||1 pc/ctn||1 pc/ctn||1 pc/ctn|
The Best Lighting Warehouse Manufacturer in China
Here’s something you should know about the warehouse lighting; all are high-grade and made of top-quality components and parts. Each comes with a different beam angle, different wattage, and all are dimmable.
As a LED warehouse lighting supplier, you can trust all the products we sell to last long and function for a long time. The LED light fixtures are designed to be resistant to water and dust. The system setup prevents flickering as well.
For lighting a warehouse both internally and externally, our collection of LED warehouse lighting is the ideal option to consider. To help wholesalers get the best of their business, you as a wholesaler are assured of market-friendly prices on large scale purchases of the warehouse lighting. We are the best and most reliable warehouse lighting fixtures in China with over 10 years of experience in the industry. We offer a warranty on bulk purchases for 15-18 months.
Contact us today to acquire our warehouse lighting in large quantities.
Warehouse Lighting – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Vast indoor spaces with high ceilings call for powerful lights with a high light output and uniform light distribution.
These types of lights are called warehouse lights.
They are the best lights to use in large industrial spaces such as warehouses, factories, and power plants.
But buying warehouse lighting fixtures entails more than just looking for the brightest lights you can get.
Whether you’re acquiring lights for a new building or planning to upgrade the existing lighting system with LED warehouse lights, there are many factors to consider in order to make the right decision.
This is where this FAQ guide comes in. It addresses everything you need to know in order to purchase the best lights for the warehouse or any other industrial or commercial space you have in mind.
If you’re planning to import warehouse lights for resale, this guide has you covered too. Let’s dive right into it.
Table of Content:
- What are warehouse lights?
- What are the different types of warehouse lights?
- What’s the difference between high and low bay warehouse lighting?
- What are the different light sources for warehouse light?
- What are metal halide warehouse lights?
- What are the advantages of metal halide warehouse lights?
- What are the disadvantages of metal halide warehouse lights?
- What are fluorescent warehouse lights?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of fluorescent warehouse lights?
- What are T5 HO fluorescent warehouse luminaries?
- What are LED warehouse lights?
- What are UFO LED high bay lights?
- Is upgrading to LED warehouse lights worth it?
- What is induction warehouse lighting?
- What are the advantages of induction warehouse lights?
- Should you choose LED or induction warehouse lights?
- Where are warehouse lighting and industrial lighting fixtures Used?
- What are the warehouse lighting requirements?
- What is good warehouse lighting design?
- What are the benefits of good warehouse lighting?
- What is the recommended lux level for a warehouse?
- How many lumens do I need for a warehouse?
- How many lights should be in a warehouse?
- How should light fixtures be positioned in a warehouse?
- How do you calculate lighting for a warehouse?
- How much does it cost to light a warehouse?
- How about warehouse lighting control systems?
- What are the best lights for a warehouse?
- How to choose the best lighting solution for a warehouse?
- What type of Warehouse LED Lights Do I Need?
- What warehouse light fixture design to choose?
- What color temperature should warehouse lights be?
- What type of light distribution is best for warehouse lighting?
- Where to install warehouse lighting fixtures?
- How to install warehouse lights?
- How to import warehouse lights from China?
- How to find the best warehouse lighting manufacturer in China?
1. What are warehouse lights?
Warehouse lights are high intensity industrial lights designed to illuminate large spaces effectively.
They are high wattage lights that emit an incredibly high amount of light and distribute the light evenly over a large space.
2. What are the different types of warehouse lights?
When shopping for warehouse lights, you will come across the following types of lights:
- UFO high bay lights: There are high-brightness lights great for open spaces with high ceilings.
- Low bay warehouse lights: These are suitable for open spaces with lower ceiling heights.
- Linear warehouse lights: These are designed for illuminating the aisles in a warehouse or retail space.
- Wall Lights: These are designed for lighting up garage doors or any other area where the ceiling lights are not effective.
3. What’s the difference between high and low bay warehouse lighting?
High bay warehouse lights are designed for spaces with high ceilings at a level of 20 feet or higher.
On the other hand, low bay lights are designed for illuminating spaces with ceilings heights of 20 feet or lower.
The wattage for high bay light is at least 160 watts while that of low bay lights is 60-100 watts.
As for the beam angle, high bay lights have a focused beam angle of ninety degrees or lower while low bay lights shine at a wider 120 degrees beam angle.
4. What are the different light sources for warehouse light?
Warehouse lights are also classified according to the light technology they use.
Based on the source of light, there are:
- High intensity discharge (HID) warehouse lights such as metal halide lights
- Fluorescent warehouse lamps such as T5 HO light fixtures
- LED warehouse lights
5. What are metal halide warehouse lights?
Metal halide warehouse lights are a type of high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps.
They produce light when an electrical arc passes through a mixture of gases.
Thanks to their high lumen output, they are the traditional lighting warehouse solutions
6. What are the advantages of metal halide warehouse lights?
- The biggest advantage of metal halide warehouse lights is the high quality light they emit. They emit a very cool white light that’s close to natural daylight and great for enhancing visibility and alertness.
- Metal halide lights also have a high lumen to watt ratio. They emit an incredible amount of light per watt of power consumed. This makes them suitable for applications that require a lot of light.
- Lastly, these types of warehouse lights are three to five times more energy efficient than incandescent lights.
7. What are the disadvantages of metal halide warehouse lights?
The downside to metal halide warehouse lights is that they degrade at a faster rate than LED light for warehouses.
They have a short lifespan and you have to keep replacing the fixtures.
The replacement costs can add up pretty quickly making maintenance of metal halide lighting warehouse incredibly costly.
Also, these types of lights have the longest warm-up duration. Metal halide warehouse lights can take 15-20 minutes to reach full brightness.
8. What are fluorescent warehouse lights?
Fluorescent warehouse lights are powered by fluorescent light technology.
Light is produced when mercury vapor is ionized and electrons collide with atoms.
Fluorescent warehouse lights include troffer lights as well as T8 and T5 linear fluorescent tube lights.
They are more affordable and energy efficient alternatives to HID warehouse lights.
9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of fluorescent warehouse lights?
The main advantage of fluorescent warehouse lights is that they come at a more affordable price than HID and LED warehouse light fixtures.
They also have a better lifespan and energy efficiency than incandescent lights.
On the downside, fluorescent lighting does not do well in extremely cold or hot environments.
Frequent switching of fluorescent lights on and off can also reduce their lifetime. You have to replace them more often, which makes their maintenance quite expensive.
Fluorescent lights are also not healthy and environmentally friendly. The tubes and bulbs contain mercury, which is a hazardous material.
10. What are T5 HO fluorescent warehouse luminaries?
T5 HO is an acronym for T5 High Output.
T5 fluorescent tubes have an incredibly high lumen output.
T5 HO fluorescent warehouse luminaires are composed of several high output T5 fluorescent tubes.
As such, they are extremely powerful and ideal for warehouse lighting applications. The quality of light emitted is also good.
Furthermore, T5 HO fixtures come at a more accessible price than warehouse LED light fixtures.
11. What are LED warehouse lights?
LED warehouse lights are types of lights that are powered by Light Emitting Diodes (LED) technology.
They are incredibly bright while also being extremely energy efficient.
This has made them the new standard for lighting warehouses and other large facilities.
12. What are UFO LED high bay lights?
These are round LED warehouse lighting fixtures that resemble UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects speculated to come from outer space).
They are high intensity lights designed for use in large commercial and industrial facilities.
They usually have a reflector that focuses the light or disperses it more evenly.
13. Is upgrading to LED warehouse lights worth it?
If you’re looking for an energy efficient lighting solution in order to cut down the lighting costs in a warehouse, industrial facility, or any other large space, LED warehouse lights are absolutely worth it.
Although the initial cost of purchasing the LED light fittings can be high, the savings made over the lifetime of the fixture more than makes up for the initial investment.
Using LED light for warehouses and other commercial and industrial facilities comes with the following benefits:
LED lights are the most energy efficient warehouse lights
LED lights consume way less energy than other warehouse lights yet still have a high lumens output per wattage consumed. The reason for this is their high wattage efficiency. They emit directional light and waste little power in the form of heat. They also use drivers, which are more efficient than ballasts.
They have a high lumen output
LED lights for warehouses have an extremely high lumen output per wattage consumed. This coupled with their energy efficiency makes them ideal for high intensity lighting applications.
They emit high quality light
Not only are LED lights incredibly bright, but they also give out high quality light with a CRI of at least 80. This is very close to natural sunlight, so it provides optimum visibility.
LED lighting does not cause eye strain and headaches. It provides a comfortable working environment that promotes worker comfort, alertness, and productivity.
They have a very long lifespan
LED lights last 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which is more durable than traditional warehouse lighting solutions. They can last up to 20 years when left on for 8 hours per day.
Furthermore, their lumen output decreases slowly with time and their maintenance demands are low.
LED warehouse light fixtures and bulbs don’t require fixing or replacement often and this saves you money.
They boast sturdy construction
LEDs are solid-state devices with an excellent ability to withstand vibration and impacts. This makes them more durable than glass luminaires that are susceptible to breakage.
They don’t have a warmup time
LED fixtures light up to full brightness instantly. Unlike fluorescent and HID lights that take some time to light up fully, they don’t require a warmup time to reach full brightness.
14. What is induction warehouse lighting?
Induction warehouse lights are essentially fluorescent lights but without filaments or electrodes.
Induction lamps use electromagnetic energy to produce light.
15. What are the advantages of induction warehouse lights?
Induction warehouse lights are one of the longest lasting warehouse lighting solutions.
Since they don’t contain electrodes and filaments, the two elements that burn out quickly, they can keep burning for as long as 100,000 hours.
Their upfront cost is less than that of LED lights
Another advantage of induction lights is that the cost of purchasing induction warehouse light fixtures is less than that of warehouse LED light fixtures.
They produce high quality light
Induction light has a CRI of more than 85 and a 5000K color temperature.
The light is also free from glare, flickering, humming, and buzzing. It provides top-notch visibility, safety, and comfort.
Induction lights are a great lighting warehouse alternative to HID lighting fixtures.
16. Should you choose LED or induction warehouse lights?
Both LED and induction warehouse lights provide bright and high quality light and boast the longest lifespan.
If you’re on a tight budget, induction lights are cheaper to purchase and install than LED lights.
If you intend to light a vast area such as a parking lot or factory lot, induction lighting is ideal.
LED warehouse lights, on the other hand, are more suitable for display or spot lighting applications such as illuminating product storage racks and warehouse aisles.
17. Where are warehouse lighting and industrial lighting fixtures Used?
Being high intensity lights designed to shine a lot of light over a vast expanse of indoor space, warehouse lighting fixtures are designed for large commercial, industrial, and recreational spaces such as:
- Warehouses, manufacturing facilities, factories, underground parking structures, big-box stores, transportation garages, halls, indoor sports arenas, and gymnasiums.
18. What are the warehouse lighting requirements?
Warehouse lighting systems should provide an adequate amount of light for visibility, safety, and comfort.
They should also fulfil the principles of good lighting design as follows.
19. What is good warehouse lighting design?
- A good lighting warehouse design is one that provides sufficient illumination for workers to see clearly and work comfortably without straining.
- A good lighting design should emit friendly light and distribute it evenly without creating hot spots or dark shadows.
- The lighting fixtures should be installed out of reach of forklifts and any other machinery in the building.
- The fixtures should also be positioned with efficiency in mind. For example, they shouldn’t be installed directly above storage racks.
- OSHA lighting requirements require light fixtures to be at least 7 feet above work surfaces or have an OSHA-compliant shatterproof shield to prevent breakage due to impact.
20. What are the benefits of good warehouse lighting?
Having a good lighting system in a warehouse yields the following benefits:
- Cost savings: A good warehouse lighting system can significantly reduce energy bills, all while providing bright light.
- Improved productivity: High quality lighting in a warehouse promotes efficiency and boosts productivity.
- Improved employee wellbeing: Good lighting reduces stress and fatigue and related issues such as eyestrain, headaches, and fatigue.
- Enhanced safety: High quality light provides optimal visibility and promotes alertness. This reduces the occurrence of accidents and injuries in factories and workshops.
21. What is the recommended lux level for a warehouse?
In general, the recommended lux level for warehouse spaces is between 50 to 500 lux or 5 to 50 foot candles.
Lumen refers to the amount of visible light produced by a fixture.
The lux level is the intensity of the light or the number of lumens per square meter.
A foot-candle equals 1 lumen per square foot and is the equivalent of about 10 lux.
The U.S energy recovery guide suggests the following lux levels:
- Storage areas, carparks, or showrooms: 15 to 100 lux
- Workshops, sports, and recreational facilities: 100 to 250lux
- Factory work and retail facilities: 250 to 600 lux
- Intricate assembly work Over: 600 lux
The Illuminating Engineers Society recommends the following foot candles for different areas in a warehouse:
- Bulk Storage Area: 5-30 FC
- Mechanical room: 20-50 FC
- Pick/Pack Area: 30-50 FC
- Shipping and receiving area: 30-50 FC
- Rack Aisles: 15-30 FC
The lux requirement based on the use case is as follows:
- For warehouses where large items are stored and handled, the required lux level is about 10 lumens per square feet.
- For warehouses where smaller items are stored and handled, the lux level requirement is higher about 30 lumens per square feet.
22. How many lumens do I need for a warehouse?
To determine the lumens requirements in a building, simply multiply the required lux level with the total floor area.
- Lighting warehouse lumens requirement = lux level x surface area
The number of lumens required will also depend on the ceiling height.
The higher the ceiling lights in the building, the higher the lumen requirement.
As an example, 15-20 ft ceiling heights require 16,000-20,000 lumens while 25-35 ft ceiling heights call for 33,000 lumens.
23. How many lights should be in a warehouse?
This comes down to how large the warehouse is and the kind of activities going on in the warehouse.
A lighting contractor can help devise a lighting scheme that will specify the following details:
- How many lights should be installed
- Where each fixture should be positioned
- The number of lumens each light fixture should give out
24. How should light fixtures be positioned in a warehouse?
Lighting warehouse fixtures should be positioned in such a way as to distribute light evenly without creating hot spots or dark spots.
This will ensure optimal visibility and utmost safety.
The ideal spacing of warehouse lighting fixtures comes down to the ceiling height and the lumen output and beam angle of each light fixture.
The typical warehouse has a 25 or 35 feet ceiling height. For such spaces, the spacing between the fixtures should be about the same distance as the ceiling height.
Still, the best approach is to have a professional lighting designer map out where the light fixtures should be installed or use a warehouse lighting calculator.
25. How do you calculate lighting for a warehouse?
You can use a warehouse lighting design calculator or lighting photometric software such as DIALux and AGI32 to calculate the lighting for a warehouse or similar space.
To create the warehouse lighting layout, you will need to enter the following information into the calculator/software:
- The length and width of the space you intend to illuminate
- The ceiling height
- The required lux level
Once you input these variables, the software will generate a lighting plan with the following details:
- The number of light fixtures required to achieve the required light intensity
- The lumens output each fixture should have
- How the fixtures should be spaced for even lighting distribution
26. How much does it cost to light a warehouse?
According to a study by Georgia Power studies, lighting is the biggest energy expense in a warehouse type of space.
It can account for anywhere from 30 to 55 percent of the total warehouse energy costs.
Upgrading to LED warehouse lighting can cut warehouse lighting costs down by as much as 70% and also reduce maintenance costs.
27. How about warehouse lighting control systems?
Using smart warehouse lighting control systems such as occupancy/vacancy and daylight sensors can further reduce the lighting costs by at least 10%.
- Occupancy and vacancy sensors automatically switch on the light upon detecting motion and go off after a certain duration without any motion detected.
- Daylight level detectors gradually dim or increase the light levels depending on the time of the day or level of natural light in the room.
28. What are the best lights for a warehouse?
LED, T5 HO, and induction lights are the best modern warehouse lighting solutions.
These types of warehouse lights are powerful yet energy efficient.
They light up large spaces effectively while without consuming too much power.
Although high discharge lights such as metal halide lights used to be the standard warehouse lights, they are incredibly energy intensive and quite expensive to run and maintain.
29. How to choose the best lighting solution for a warehouse?
The size of the space, the ceiling level, and desired light intensity tell you the lumens or wattage rating the warehouse light fixtures you get should have.
There are some other factors you should pay attention to ensure you get high quality lights that will perform as desired and last long.
These factors include:
Warehouse lighting fixtures should be tough. They should be constructed with rugged materials and composed of sturdy components that can withstand extremes of temperatures, dust, vibrations and even physical impacts.
In facilities designed for storage and handling of flammable or explosive substances, look for explosion-proof warehouse lighting fixtures.
For quality and safety assurance, look for lights bearings certifications by trusted third party organizations such as UL and DLC.
For lighting fixtures you plan to install in an area where they will be exposed to moisture, humidity, and dust, look for vapor tight light fixtures with an Ingress Protection (IP) rating of at least IP65.
30. What type of Warehouse LED Lights Do I Need?
The type of warehouse lights to get depends on the space you plan to illuminate.
Consider the following factors in order to determine the ideal type of light for your needs:
- Ceiling Height: Get high bay warehouse light for ceilings above 20 feet. For lower ceiling heights below 20 feet, low bay lights are sufficient.
- Your budget: T5 HO fluorescent warehouse lights are cheaper to acquire on a tight budget but induction and LED warehouse lighting fixtures are the most cost effective in the long run.
31. What warehouse light fixture design to choose?
Warehouse light fixtures are available in two designs:
- UFO high bay fixtures are great for lighting up vast open spaces that require bright and evenly distributed light.
- Linear fixtures such as T5 HO and LED battens come in 2, 4 and 8 foot lengths. They are suitable for task lighting in workshops and lighting up corridors and entrances.
32. What color temperature should warehouse lights be?
A color temperature of 5000K is ideal for warehouse spaces.
This color temperature exhibits a crisp white color that’s the closest match to natural daylight.
Studies have shown that this cool white light provides optimal visibility that reduces eye strain, keeps employees alert, and promotes worker productivity.
33. What type of light distribution is best for warehouse lighting?
Type 1 and Type V light distributions are the best in warehouse spaces.
- Type 1 light distribution has a narrow light pattern that’s ideal for lighting up the long, narrow aisles in warehouse, storage facilities, and retail spaces.
- Type V light distribution disperses light in a square or round pattern. The light is evenly scattered in all directions. As such, this light distribution type is best suited for large open spaces like warehouses and parking lots.
34. Where to install warehouse lighting fixtures?
You can mount warehouse light fixtures on the ceiling, suspend them from the ceiling, or install them on walls.
- Sidewall installation is suitable where the ceiling height is not very high and in facilities or areas where fine work is performed and a high light intensity is required.
- Hanging the lights works best where the ceilings are very high and the range of lighting very wide, but the required intensity of light is not very high.
35. How to install warehouse lights?
There are two ways to install warehouse lights in a commercial or industrial space:
If you’re replacing the bulbs or tubes on existing warehouse lighting fixtures, you only have to remove the old bulb and plug in the new one.
Installing a new fixture
If you are installing lighting in a new building or replacing the complete warehouse LED light fixtures, a complete installation and wiring is required.
With the vast spaces and high ceilings, installing warehouse lights comes with some unique challenges.
For example, the person performing the installation has to climb on a ladder in order to reach the installation point on the ceiling or wall.
It’s best to hire a licensed electrician to install the lights, especially where hard wiring is required.
36. How to import warehouse lights from China?
Importing warehouse light fixtures from China entails the following steps:
- Conduct research to find the best lighting warehouse manufacturer in China
- Order warehouse lighting samples and inspect them
- Negotiate the pricing, payment, and delivery terms
- Pay a 30% deposit for your order
- Inspect the final lighting warehouse fixtures
- Clear the rest of the payment
- Make arrangements for shipping of the warehouse fixtures
37. How to find the best warehouse lighting manufacturer in China?
China is one of the best countries to import fluorescent, T5 HO, induction, or LED warehouse lights in bulk.
There are plenty of warehouse lights manufacturers and the wholesale pricing is competitive.
However, not all lighting warehouse solutions are high quality.
It’s very important to conduct due diligence in order to find the best LED warehouse lighting supplier.
Here are the different ways to determine the best supplier to order from:
A simple search on Google for the ‘best warehouse lights manufacturers in china’ will yield a good number of potential suppliers.
You can then visit the manufacturers’ websites to learn more about the products and the manufacturing process, narrow down the options, and get in touch with the manufacturers.
You can also find potential LED warehouse lighting suppliers on B2B portals such as Globalsources.com, Made in China, and Alibaba.
Attend Lighting Fairs
One of the best ways to find a reliable LED warehouse lighting supplier is to attend lighting fairs.
You can attend lighting exhibitions in China such as the Canton Fair or Hong Kong lighting fair or attend international lighting fairs in your country.
Some of the best Chinese lighting warehouse manufacturers showcase their product offerings in both local and international lighting shows.
You get an opportunity to speak with the representatives, inspect their products, and purchase samples at a discount.
Use a Sourcing Agent
You can also enlist a lighting sourcing agent to determine the best manufacturer or supplier on your behalf.
Based in China, the sourcing agent will visit different manufacturers facilities, present you with a report, and recommend the best supplier.
The sourcing agent will also inspect the manufacturing process and ascertain that the finished warehouse light fixtures are up to your standards.
Large industrial, commercial, and recreational spaces demand high intensity warehouse lights that produce a lot of light.
However, lighting such spaces comes with a hefty energy bill.
Careful research of the different warehouse lighting solutions is essential in order to find an efficient lighting system that will provide adequate lighting and deliver a good return on investment.
Hopefully, this lighting warehouse FAQ guide has informed you about the various warehouse lighting solutions, the lighting requirements to fulfill, and how to choose the right solution for your facility.
With over 10 years of experience, you can count on VST lighting to provide you with high quality LED lights for warehouses, storage facilities, factories, retail spaces, and more.
We look forward to helping you choose the best LED warehouse lights for your space. Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your specific lighting needs.