2ft to 8ft Tri-proof LED Light
LED tri-proof light is a state-of-the-art lighting fixture to replace traditional fluorescent fixtures with T5 and T8 fluorescent tubes.
Multiple options for sizes and wattages:
2ft : 10w, 20w, 30w
4ft : 20w, 30w, 40w, 50w, 60w
5ft : 40w, 50w, 60w, 70w, 80w
8ft: 100w, 120w
If you have specific requirements for your projects, we can help you customize it. For example, we can add emergency battery packor sensors to these waterproof LED light fixtures.
Various Types of LED Tri-proof Lights
VST provides various types of LED tri-proof lights.
Type A is made of an aluminum body and PC cover. We can use a dimmable driver or add sensors with different functions to make the light smart. It can also be used as an emergency light if we add the emergency battery backup, the light can continue to work for 60~180mins after a power cut.
Type B is made of PC / ABS lamp body and PC cover. It has the same look as the traditional fluorescent light fixtures, but it’s equipped with an LED board and LED driver yet. So you can install it directly as a light source, no need for the tube lights and ballasts. Additional features like dimming function, emergency battery backup, and sensors can be added.
These lights are very suitable for both commercial and industrial projects, like supermarkets, warehouses, factories, production lines, parking lots, schools, etc.
IES files are available, so if you need to do the lighting simulations through Dialux, we can assist with this. Just send us your project details.
These lights are made of high-quality components, so we can guaranty a 3~5 years warranty.
|AC85~265V, AC100~277V / 347V, AC200~240V, DC12V, DC24V; 50/60Hz
|Aluminium body + PC cover
|PC cover options
|-20℃ ~ +55℃
|IP65 / IP66
|AC85~265V, AC100~277V / 347V, AC200~240V, DC12V, DC24V; 50/60Hz
|Aluminium body + PC cover
|PC cover options
|-20℃ ~ +55℃
|IP65 / IP66
LED Tri Proof Lights – The Complete FAQ Guide
If you stumbled upon this FAQ Guide in your desperate search for more information about LED Tri proof Lights, you’re not in the wrong place.
We understand the need for you to clear your doubts before going ahead to purchase LED Tri proof lamps for your project.
This is why we’d be providing you with well-researched answers to most of the questions people commonly ask about the LED Tri proof light types.
If you read through this guide and, by any chance, can’t find the answers you’re looking for, do let us know immediately in the comment section so we can provide you with the answer and more as soon as possible.
Below are the questions we’re going to be looking at together in this guide.
- What are LED Tri proof lights?
- Where can you use led Tri proof light?
- How does an LED Tri proof Light work?
- Do LED Tri proof Lights save energy?
- What are the components of an LED Tri proof Light?
- Is CRI important in LED Tri proof lights?
- How to install led Tri proof lights?
- What are the benefits of Using LED Tri proof lights?
- What Are The Health Benefits Of LED Tri proof Lights?
- What Are The Disadvantages Of Led Tri proof lights?
- How Much Money Will You Save If You Convert To LED Tri proof lights?
- What are the average specifications of LED Tri proof lights?
- What’s the average price of LED Tri proof light?
- How to choose the most suitable Tri proof light?
- What are the different types of the best Tri proof lights in the market?
- Which types of LED Tri proof lights are suitable for your space?
- What are the differences between led Tri proof lights and fluorescent tubes?
- What are the available beam angles of LED Tri proof lights?
- What are the common characteristics of a LED Tri proof light
- What are the IP Ratings of LED Tri proof lamps?
- What is the lifespan of LED Tri proof lights
- Are LED Tri proof lights environmentally friendly?
- What is the Warranty of LED Lights
- How to test LED Tri proof lights
- Can LED Tri proof lights Be Used With Dimmer Controls?
- How much temperature can LED Tri proof lights withstand?
- What is vapor-tight light?
- Do LED Tri proof lights have anti-corrosion capabilities?
- What is a Tri proof LED batten light?
- What are heavy-duty led Tri proof lights?
- What factors should you consider before buying led Tri proof lamps for your space?
- How to choose color temperature for LED Tri proof lamps?
- How To Choose The Right Amount Of Lumens For LED Tri proof light?
- How can you maintain led Tri proof lights?
- What type of lamp is best replaced with led Tri proof lights?
- Are LED Tri proof light flicker-free?
- What can go wrong with LED Tri proof light?
- Why Do Some LED Tri proof lights Flicker When Dimmed Or Turned Off?
- Do LED Tri proof lights burn out?
- Are LED Tri proof lights a fire risk?
- Are led Tri proof lamps repairable?
- How can you assemble an LED Tri proof light?
- Can LED Tri proof light be used outdoors?
- What functions of led Tri proof lights are customizable?
- CE-approved led Tri proof lights or UL-approved led Tri proof lights
- Are rebates available for LED Tri proof light?
- How can you dispose of used LED Tri proof light?
- Where can I find LED Tri proof light
- How do you choose a reliable LED Tri proof light supplier for your project?
- Where are the main LED Tri proof light manufacturers in China?
1. What Are LED Tri proof Lights?
LED Tri proof lights are 3-in-one lighting types designed as replacements for traditional Tri proof lights with fluorescent-like tubes.
Like fluorescent lights, LED Tri proof lights are long and linear in shape as well.
These lighting types are built with the harshest environmental conditions in mind.
They’re not called “Tri proof” for nothing!
The “tri,” in their name, refers to the three proofing features most of these lighting types have:
- corrosion-proof, and
Many LED Tri proof lights are not even limited to these features alone.
In addition to these features, some LED Tri proof light manufacturers add explosion-proof, shock-proof, and moisture-proof to the above-mentioned features as well.
That’s about 6 proofing features to keep your Tri proof fixtures working all day long without any fear of external damage.
2. Where Can You Use LED Tri Proof Light?
LED Tri proof lights can be used in different places, both indoors and outdoors.
They’re best used in spaces where moisture and temperature might be a problem since they’re anti-corrosion, anti-shock, anti-moisture, anti-explosion, water-, and dust-proof.
Below are a list of places LED Tri proof lights are best applied:
- industrial buildings;
- subway stations;
- airports pavements;
- parking lots;
- lecture theaters;
- sporting facilities;
- cold storages;
- commercial spaces
- and other spaces prone to moisture and dust.
3. How Does An LED Tri Proof Light Work?
The working process LED Tri proof is pretty easy to understand.
All you have to do is mount and connect them to the power source in your space, and they’ll do the rest of the work on their own.
This is how they do their work after you’ve connected them to your power source.
First, LED Tri proof lights absorb the energy needed to provide illumination from the power source through two alternating semiconductors.
These semiconductors are referred to as p-type and n-type—the “p” and “n” stand for negative charge and positive charge respectively.
Once this has been accomplished, current is forced to fill the void between the two charges (called the p–n junction) and connect the semiconductors.
This act emits what is referred to as a “photon,” a subatomic particle that causes the diodes on the LED panel of your Tri proof lights to light up and illuminate your space.
4. Do LED Tri Proof Lights Save Energy?
Yes, they do, a lot.
In comparison to traditional lamps, you get to save close to 80% of your money on energy consumption.
In place of, say, a T4 tube that consumes about 262 kWh, you get a better optimized LED Tri proof lamp that gives you 122KWh of energy consumption.
Let’s say you spend about $1.20 on electricity every month with your old lamps, when you eventually change to LED Tri proof lighting, you’ll be able to save up to $0.96 on your electricity bills.
And, that’s a huge difference!
5. What Are The Components Of An LED Tri Proof Light?
- Waterproof Connector, Rubber, Rubber Plug & Rubber Cap: As implied, these parts are used to somewhere establish the waterproof wherewithal of LED Tri proof lights. They are specifically aimed at protecting the lamp, strongly, from water penetration, corrosion, dust, and more.
These components make sure the inner parts of the LED Tri proof lights are tightly secure from the harshest conditions of the external world, thereby ensuring they last as long as they should.
- Driver: This is one of the most important parts of LED lights (because they’re not limited to Tri proof lighting alone).
LED drivers do the following important jobs in LED lighting:
o First, they regulate the current absorbed from the lighting source by the Tri proof fixture.
o Second, they make it possible for you to dim the brightness of lamps.
o Third, they help in enhancing the color output of the Tri proof lights, as well.
- PCB Board: The Printed Circuit Board is the metal core on which the light-emitting diodes or LED chips are rested.
They’re usually made of metal fiberglass and other materials to connect the internal parts of the LED lights and also dissipate the heat generated.
- LED Chips: This is about the most important part of LED lighting.
‘Why,’ you ask? Well, this is where the main job is done.
The LED chips are what produce the lights you need to illuminate your space.
The electrical current from the LED driver is transferred to the LED panel and the LED chips or diodes convert it almost immediately into light.
These chips determine the lighting quality or brightness produced by the LED Tri proof lights.
- PC Cover: the polycarbonate cover in LED Tri proof lights can be seen as the skin of the lights.
They protect the internal parts of the lighting fixture.
Because of their transparency, they also help to enhance the brightness produced from the LED chips.
Their ruggedness and thermal stability are also two other things that help establish the Tri proof nature of the Tri proof fixture.
6. Is CRI Important In LED Tri Proof Lights?
Yes, it is.
But, before we explain why, we’d like to clarify a common misconception about CRI in LED lights.
Contrary to what many people think, CRI is not the same as color temperature in lighting.
Now, to answer your question, we must first start from the beginning: What is CRI?
Color Rendering Index is a feature in LED lights that determines how accurately a light source presents colors.
In a nutshell, it is the measure of how an LED lamp can shine like natural lighting.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, how important is CRI in lighting?
Since CRI fully determines how colors are presented in natural lighting, you’ll need to create a natural lighting atmosphere in your client’s space.
Let’s say your client is a painter who owns a gallery, you want to make sure they have enough lighting—similar to that of daylight—to illuminate all their works and make them presentable to visitors who’d be examining all their artworks.
For this, you want to make sure the CRI is high, as possible. A CRI value of 80+ would be most appropriate in this setting.
CRI ranges from 0–100 and the higher the CRI value of your Tri proof lights, the more accurately colors are presented under them.
7. How To Install LED Tri proof Lights?
LED Tri proof lights are really easy to install, so you shouldn’t worry about the process.
But, if you’re worried you’ll get it wrong, it’ll be best to hire a professional technician to help you in mounting LED Tri proof fixtures and also wiring them to your power source.
There are 2 major installations methods for Tri proof led lights:
- Suspension/Hanging Installation
- Ceiling Mounting
- Suspending/Hanging Installation
- Measure the space between the mounting brackets that will be fitted to the lamp;
- With an electric drill, make holes on the ceiling in your space;
- Tightly screw the mounting bracket and the hanging wire together;
- Fit them to the ceiling and make sure everything is in order;
- Fit the LED Tri proof fixture to the bracket and screw tightly;
- Wire the Tri proof light to your power source.
- Ceiling Mounting
- Measure the space between where the mounting brackets;
- With an electric drill, make holes on the ceiling in your space;
- Fit the installation clips into the holes and screw tightly;
- Screw the lamp to the clips;
- Wire the LED Tri proof fixture to your power source.
8. How Can You Assemble An LED Tri Proof Light?
Assembling LED Tri proof lights is just as easy as installing them.
Doesn’t need any special tools or technical know-how. Just screw some parts together with your screwdriver and you’re good to go.
9. What Are The Benefits Of Using LED Tri Proof Lights?
As I said earlier, LED Tri proof lights are designed with the harshest weather conditions in mind.
They’re a great fit for every temperature. They are made with tough materials to keep the LED Tri proof lamps working all day long.
- Reduced Maintenance
Because of their rugged build, LED Tri proof lights do not require much maintenance.
As you’d expect with all LED lights, LED Tri proof lights have a lengthy lifespan.
- Easy Installation
LED Tri proof lights are also easy to assemble and mount.
Installing a Tri proof light LED requires no special skill and can be fitted in less than 30 minutes.
Most LED Tri proof lights have low UGR (i.e Unified Glare Rating) values.
They emit soft, warm illumination that the human eye can handle easily.
Making this possible are milky PC covers that they’re made with.
These covers help diffuse the light produced by the lamps to make them easy on the eye.
Most Tri proof lights LED offer bright lighting despite the little energy they consume.
LED Tri proof lights produce about 100 lumens per watt to 140 lumens per watt.
- Wide Usability
The tough build of this light type also allows them to be usable in all locations.
Whether used indoors or outdoors, they’ll work perfectly under any condition. Even in the harshest conditions.
10. What Are The Health Benefits Of LED Tri Proof Lights?
Just as LED Tri proof lights have their regular benefits, they also have health benefits.
These health benefits will better help you to understand why you need to install them in your space instead of traditional Tri proof lights.
- They’re eco-friendly. LED Tri proof lights consume less power than other lights and this considerably reduces the emission of power plants greenhouse gases.
They also generate less heat than traditional Tri proof lights and are not made with less toxic materials.
In terms of disposal, most of the components of Tri proof led lights can be recycled to reproduce other products.
- They do not produce IR or UV rays. When you use LED Tri proof lights, your exposure to skin problems and cancer will be reduced.
With the anti-glare feature of this lighting type, your eyes are also going to be exposed to better lighting when you use this LED light type.
- Since this lighting type does not constantly flicker like some old lighting types, the chances that you’ll develop headaches or migraines as you work under the lights are also reduced.
11. What Are The Disadvantages Of LED Tri Proof Lights?
As a human, you should expect that everything you encounter in this world has its set disadvantages too.
LED Tri proof lights also have theirs too, even though they are not as much as traditional lighting types.
- LED lights are relatively more expensive than other lighting types. Although, when you compare their pricing to when they were first launched, it is now better.
- LED Tri proof lights are not the most appropriate options in the lowest temperatures. Because of their low heat emitting nature, it might be quite difficult for them to produce the needed heat to melt the winter ice.
12. How Much Money Will You Save If You Convert To LED Tri Proof Lights?
WIth LED Tri proof lights you would be saving up to 80% on your electricity expenditure.
Let’s do a simple calculation. Let’s say you spend about $100 on electricity monthly in your building, with LED Tri proof lights, you get to spend 80% less of that amount, which is about $20 monthly.
13. What Are The Average Specifications Of LED Tri Proof Lights?
- Wattage/Lumen: 100lm/w–140lm/w
- CRI: 80+
- Lifespan: 50,000 hours
- Beam Angle: 120°
- Voltage: 100V–227V
- Lumens: Color Temperature: 2700K–6000K
- Ambient Temperature: 20°C–45°C
- Dimmable Driver: 0-10v
14. What’s The Average Price Of LED Tri Proof Lights?
LED Tri proof lights usually range from between $10–$100.
However, prices vary depending on such factors as the design, size, production materials, and, especially, features of the Tri proof lamp.
For example, a lamp with 8,400lm will cost you more than one with only about 5,400lm.
15. To Choose The Most Suitable Tri Proof Light?
There’s no one-size-fits-all way to choose LED Tri proof lights.
But, there are some ways you can make the best option on these lighting type for your project or clients:
You should lookout for the following when making a LED Tri proof light selection:
- Lumens; make sure the lumen property of the lamp would be enough to feed the space you’re looking to install them in.
One way to be sure to measure your space (by square foot).
After doing this, you can calculate the amount of lumen needed by foot candle, depending on the kind of space it is.
In a commercial building, for example, you can determine the lumen output that’s most appropriate for the place by multiplying the space by about 50-foot candles, which is the recommended value for that particular space.
- Wattage: wattage is also very important, as well. The lower the wattage units on your light bulb, the lesser the energy consumed on a regular will be.
- CRI: this is the measurement of ‘actual lighting’ offered by a lamp.
- Size: size also matters in your decision-making process. Would a large Tri proof light be appropriate for your space? Ask yourself these questions and more.
- Features: what are the features that make the product that out amongst the rest? Do they offer all the features you’re looking for in LED Tri proof lights?
- Cost also determines your choice for an LED Tri proof. What’s your budget, and would it be able to cover what you have in mind?
- Warranty period: there’s a common saying among most suppliers and distributors: “the higher the warranty period of an LED light, the better the lighting fixture is likely to be.”
16. What Are The Differences Between LED Tri Proof Lights And Fluorescent Lamps?
There are some major differences between LED Tri proof lights and fluorescent lamps:
- LED Tri proof lights have better energy efficiency than their traditional counterpart.
Unlike fluorescent lamps, Tri proof lights do not consume too much power before they light up.
- They also produce little or no heat as well.
- LED Tri proof lights don’t flicker before coming or after wearing out.
They stay bright and strong throughout their lifespan.
- Unlike fluorescent lamps, LED Tri proof can withstand any temperature.
They are more durable—which means your maintenance, repair, and replacement costs would be reduced by a lot.
17. Which Types Of LED Tri Proof Lights Are Suitable For Your Space?
LED Tri proof lights have different types.
Your choice for any one of them would be determined by a lot of factors such as the kind of activities carried out in your space, the lumen properties needed in the space, and more.
There are quite a number of LED Tri proof lamps, but in this guide, we’ll only be looking at the commonest ones.
So, let’s look at these types together, their unique features and functions, one after the other;
- Tri Proof Lamps With LED Tubes
You can describe this lighting type as a carbon copy of traditional lighting types.
If you are familiar with conventional Tri proof lighting, you’ll know the lighting fixtures and sources are separate.
This is exactly how these lighting types are.
The development of LED lights brought T8 and T5 LED tubes that can replace the lighting sources of your old Tri proof fixtures with only something as easy as a ballast bypass.
- Easy to install
- Environmentally safe
- Best for retrofitting your old lighting types
- The wiring process is not exactly easy
- LED Tri Proof lights (PC Integrated)
This particular variation of Tri proof led lights is kind of an upgraded version of the traditional Tri proof lighting systems.
But, in the place of tubes, this lighting type has both the LED driver and LED panel integrated with its design.
You know in old lighting types, the lighting source is separated from the lighting fixture.
But, with this lighting type, they’re both integrated into a single, simple design.
- Easy to install
- Quite affordable
- Offers higher lumen values
- Has more advanced control features
- Reduced maintenance fee
- Has a bit of a complex assembling process
- Heat dissipation is more reduced compared to others
- Heavier than other Tri proof led variations
- Alu Tri Proof Light LED
LED Alu Tri proof lights are just like their older fixtures.
Like the conventional Alu tri proofs, this lighting type comes with detachable end-caps at both ends.
These end-caps make it possible for you to easily install them without having to do serious electrical work or hire an electrician for the job.
- Easy to install
- Environmentally safe
- Easy wiring
- More expensive
- IP69K Tri Proof Light
Most of the LED Tri proof lights you’d find out there are usually on either of the following levels; IP65 or IP66.
But, when you consider the kinds of tough temperatures you are likely to have in your industrial building where cleanliness and more are of high importance, you’d want to consider going for IP69K LED Tri proof lights.
Lamps on this level of IP rating are usually built for the toughest conditions that may arise.
They can withstand high temperatures and pressure and would perform excellently in places with temperatures way below or way above the standard.
- Tough enough to withstand extreme conditions
- Can also withstand high pressure
- Lumen properties are not usually high;
- Best applied in places with extreme conditions.
18. Which Types Of LED Tri Proof Lights Are Suitable For Your Space?
Knowing the most suitable LED Tri proof lights comes with certain factors.
- Your space size
- The ambient temperature
- The amount of lumens required
- The CRI value and more
And, importantly, before you go ahead to choose an LED light, you’d also want to confirm the following, as well:
- Whether the lamp has the features suitable for your space and work activities;
- Whether they’re approved by a top regulatory agency;
- Whether the IP rating is appropriate for the ambient temperature in your client’s space.
19. What Are The Differences Between LED Tri Proof Lights And Fluorescent Tubes?
Below are the few differences between LED Tri proof lights and fluorescent lamps:
- LED Tri proof lights are more efficient.
- They consume up to 80% less energy than traditional fluorescent lights;
- They do not flicker when they’re on;
- They do not warm up before coming on;
- They’re more durable, and for this reason, they last longer than fluorescent tubes;
- LED Tri proof light emit less heat;
- Most Tri proof led lights are also anti-glare.
They are gentle on the eye and would not cause eye strains, headaches, or migraines.
20. What Are The Common Characteristics Of A LED Tri Proof Light
The common characteristics of LED Tri proof lights include:
- Tough Build: They have tough builds for the harshest conditions.
- Wide Application: They can be used in different settings; they can be used outdoors or indoors.
- Easy Installation: They can be easily mounted in any space.
You have no need for electrical experience to even install them.
- Wide Variations: there are different variations of this light type and anyone you choose must depend on the type of space you have.
21. What Are The IP Ratings Of LED Tri Proof Lamps?
IP (Ingressive Protection) rating is a method for measuring the level of protection of LED lighting exterior cases against the intrusion of dust, water, and/or other solid substances that could damage the lamp easily.
The first number in the IP rating is usually for the level of against solid substances, while the second is a measure of the lamp’s protection against water and other liquids.
Since LED Tri proof lights are waterproof, dust-proof, moisture, etc., you’ll find most products of this lighting type with IP ratings between IP65–IP66.
But, Tri proof lights with higher protection rates go as high as IP68–IP67.
22. What Is The Lifespan Of LED Tri Proof Lights?
Most Tri proof led lamps have a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
If you’re to calculate that based on how long you put them on every day, say 8 hours per, you’ll be having up to 10–15 years of use.
23. Are LED Tri Proof Lights Environmentally Friendly?
Yes, all Tri proof led lights are environmentally safe.
They contain less toxic substances in comparison to older lighting types and can be easily recycled.
24. What Is The Warranty On Tri Proof LED Lights
The warranty on most Tri proof led products is between 3–5 years.
25. How To Test LED Tri Proof Lights
Before you buy LED Tri proof lights, you must be able to confirm whether the product is genuine or not.
In this part of the guide are some of the ways to test for the genuineness of LED Tri proof lamp lights genuineness before making your final payment:
- First, confirm the IP Rating;
- Second, go through the manufacturer’s instructions;
- Third, pour water on the LED Tri proof fixture to confirm its resistance to water and other liquids;
- You can also dip the LED Tri proof fixture in water for more than 5 minutes;
- Fourth, confirm the LED Tri proof fixture’s resistance to high impact and shock. You can use a pendulum impact tester for this test;
- Fifth, confirm the lighting by connecting the LED Tri proof fixture to your power source;
- Sixth, confirm the light’s intensity using a photometer
26. Can LED Tri Proof Lights Be Used With Dimmer Controls?
Absolutely! Most Tri proof LEDs are dimmer-enabled for TRIAC, DALI, and even CCT.
The dimmability range is usually either 0-10V–1-10V.
This makes it possible for you to reduce the intensity of lighting for your Tri proof led to enjoy your most preferred brightness every time.
27. How Much Temperature Can LED Tri Proof Lights Withstand?
LED Tri proof fixtures can withstand a temperature of up to 50°C.
28. What Is Vapor-tight Light?
Vapor-tight lamps are lighting products built with tough silicone seals and anti-corrosion/anti-oxidation materials to tightly protect the lighting fixture interior from vapor and/or wetness.
LED Tri proof lights are also vapor-tight lamps.
They protect the circuit board and LED board from steam and keep the LED Tri proof fixture working all day long.
29. Do LED Tri Proof Lights Have Anti-corrosion Capabilities?
Yes, they do.
And it ensures they serve you for as long as you need them in your space.
30. What Is A Tri Proof LED Batten Light?
Tri proof LED batten lights are lighting types meant specifically as replacements for old fluorescent fixtures.
Tri proof LED batten lights are easy to install and they also provide more stable lighting than fluorescent lamps.
31. What Are Heavy-duty LED Tri Proof Lights?
These are Tri proof light types that have a solid build and are highly versatile.
The IP Ratings on these LED Tri proof fixtures are nothing less than IP69K because of the rugged materials they’re built with.
Heavy-duty LED Tri proof lights offer as much as 150lm/watt and are best used in industrial locations because of their high performance.
32. What Factors Should You Consider Before Buying LED Tri Proof Lamps For Your Space?
Here are some factors to consider before you purchase any LED Tri proof lamp:
- Measure your space;
- Decide on the amount of lumens your space would need. You can calculate this using your space measurement;
- Determine the IP Rating that’d be most appropriate;
- Consider the number of lights that would be needed;
- Consider your budget and weigh this against the types of Tri proof fixtures to make a decision;
- Confirm the size your clients would prefer.
After doing all these, most of the actions you will take thereafter would be a lot easier for you, and you can better choose the most suitable LED Tri proof for yourself and/or your clients.
33. How To Choose Color Temperature For LED Tri Proof Lamps?
Color temperature in LED lighting is how the brightness from your Tri proof led fixture appears.
It can either be cool, warm, or normal.
The choice for any kelvin color usually depends on personal preferences and some other determining factors as the type of building you’re planning to install the lamp in.
But, whichever option you make, it pays to know how to make your choice still.
Color temperature in LED Tri proof lighting is usually between 2500K–6500K.
- 2700K–3000k – soft-white/warm white
- 4000K–5000k – Cool white/horizon daylight
- 5500–6000k – vertical daylight
- 6500K – Cool day
34. How To Choose The Right Amount Of Lumens For LED Tri Proof Lights?
As established under how to choose the most suitable LED Tri proof fixture for your space, you need to know the amount of lumens you need, first before purchase.
And to do this, you need to confirm the following from your client:
- The size of your space;
- The kind of environment they’re fitting the lamp into; you need to be sure whether it’s a residential, commercial, official, or industrial environment;
- The height of your space.
Once you have this information ready, the next thing to do is calculate the needed lumens by multiplying your space size (by square foot) by your room foot-candle.
A rule of thumb is to calculate 10–20 foot candles by 1 square foot.
Let’s say you measure your space by square foot and you have about 1000sqft.
To get the needed lumens, you’ll need to multiply this by 10–20 foot candles, depending on what your clients do in their space to get, 10,000lm–20,000lm.
That is, 1000sqft X 10ft-c (or 20ft-c) = 10,000lm or 20,000lm.
35. How Can You Maintain LED Tri Proof Lights?
Maintaining LED Tri proof light is completely easy and straightforward.
They can defend themselves from dust, liquids, and other hard substances that can damage them which makes your job easier for you.
You can have them cleaned twice every month or you could draw up a workable schedule to make things easier for you.
Also, go through the manufacturer’s manual and see their recommended maintenance system for the particular product you purchase.
36. What Type Of Lamp Is Best Replaced With LED Tri Proof Lights?
LED tri proof lights can be replaced with any type of traditional lighting.
But, they are the best replacement for old tri proof lights like fluorescents and all other heavy-duty traditional lamps like HIDs, incandescents, halogens, etc.
They offer reduced energy consumption, brighter lighting, higher efficiency, tough build, and more. So, they’d be a great replacement for the old tri proof fixtures you currently might have in your space.
37. Are LED Tri Proof Lights Flicker-free?
Unlike fluorescent Tri proof lights, LEDs do not have ballasts and are completely from any issue as flickering or taking too long to come on.
38. What Can Go Wrong With LED Tri Proof Lights?
Not much. But, that doesn’t mean they do not also fail too.
They do and below are the things that could go wrong:
- Driver Failure: LED drivers also fail too. They could damage as a result of heat or overuse.
- Incompatible Fixture: using a lighting source in an incompatible fixture, in case of Tri proofLamps With LED Tubes, can damage your Trif proof LEDs beyond repair or return.
- LED Chip Failure: Just the way LED drivers fail as a result of heat, overuse, so do LED chips wear out as well.
Note that all these faults can be avoided and repaired.
39. Are LED Tri Proof Lamps Repairable?
Yes LED Tri proof lights are repairable.
You’ll find most of their internal parts for sale.
40. Why Do Some LED Tri Proof Lights Flicker When Dimmed Or Turned Off?
LED Tri proof fixtures flicker for one reason and it’s not a fault from the lamp itself, but the installer.
- Incompatible Lighting Source: when the lighting source is not compatible with the Tri proof fixture in terms of voltage and dimmability, they tend to flicker.
So, before replacing your Tri proof lights, make sure your fixture has a proper voltage for the lighting source
You also want to ensure the fixture/source is dimmable before you dim your lights.
41. Do LED Tri Proof Lights Burn Out?
Yes, but not as quickly or as easily as other lighting types.
First, they’re made with the toughest materials that keep them from external intrusion.
Second, they’re LED lights and when you compare these lighting types to the traditional options, they last longer.
42. Are LED Tri Proof Lights A Fire Risk?
No, they are shockproof and explosion-proof.
They emit less heat and are not at risk of catching fire as a result of overheat.
43. Can LED Tri Proof Lights Be Used Outdoors?
Absolutely! If they can’t be used outdoors, then why are they called Tri proof lights?
They’re built for use everywhere, whether indoors or outdoors, in great or bad conditions.
44. What Functions Of LED Tri Proof Lights Are Customizable?
The following functions of Tri proof led lights can be easily customized for your project:
- Emergency power
- Emergency time
45. CE-approved LED Tri proof Lights Or UL-approved LED Tri Proof Lights?
Both CE-approved and UL-listed Tri proof LED lamps are great for you.
One of the differences is that while one is issued by the US, the other is issued by Europe.
Some lighting products even carry both.
While UL (Underwriters Laboratories) approves a product as US -compatible, the other acclaims it safe according to environmental standards.
46. Are Rebates Available For LED Tri Proof Lights?
Yes, there are. For changing your old Tri proof lights, you could get significant price offsets as a sort of reward for contributing to the reduction of energy consumption and to building a better—safer—environment.
47. How Can You Dispose Of Used LED Tri Proof Lights?
LED Tri proof lights can be thrown into your trash because they contain less toxic materials, but they are best recycled.
So, when your LED lights wear out beyond repair, contact a reliable recycling company to come and pick them from your house.
48. Where Can I Find LED Tri Proof Lights?
You can find LED Tri proof lights almost everywhere, from manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors.
Also at VST Lighting, we have all the variations of LED Tri proof lights for all your projects.
49. How Do You Choose A Reliable LED Tri Proof Light Supplier For Your Project?
To make sure you’re not buying low-quality Tri proof led lights since you’ve decided to use them on your next project, you need to do the following:
- Make sure the supplier is where you can travel to or send a trusted person to;
- Make sure they have a good quality and highly interactive website;
- Make sure they are approved by any of the appropriate regulatory agencies.
50. Where Are The Main LED Tri Proof Light Manufacturers In China?
You’ll find Tri proof led manufacturers everywhere in China.
However, there are some locations where high-quality LED lights are produced and these provinces are: